- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Shamone Alverez: “It’s time for redemption”
Mariusz Kolodziej’s Global Boxing Promotions and Peltz Boxing Promotions global fight night series has set an outstanding co-feature for Saturday night at Resorts Hotel and Casino featuring former WBO NABO title holder Shamone Alvarez (21-5, 12Ko’s) who is ready to show the boxing industry that it’s time for redemption when he takes on cross city rival Decarlo Perez (7-2-1, 1KO) at Resorts Hotel and Casino cal.
“I have refocused myself both mentally, physically and even emotionally,” stated Alvarez. “my team has changed some things in my training and I have gotten my weight under control. It wasn’t that I had a real problem, but you just don’t do the things now like you did when you were twenty one or twenty two and expect the weight to come off like it did back then and still be strong.
“I have really regained the hunger. I guess you can say that will be angry when I get back into the ring. I have gotten away from what the way I fought mentally when I was 5-0 or 6-0, now I am getting back to that and you will see it on Saturday night.”
“I know my opponent, Decarlo Perez pretty well,” stated Alvarez. “He trains down the street from us and is from Pleasentville, New Jersey. Decarlo has come over to our gym and sparred with me a couple of times and we have worked out in the very same room several times. I also know his trainers well.”
“I would have never imagined that he wanted to fight me. The last time he came at me, he got knocked out. I figured he would have left it alone, but now he comes back again and challenges me for a third time,” continued Alvarez. “My recent losses have put me in a bad place where a 7-2 is calling me out!!! I am not predicting a knockout, but I will beat him up. It is essential if I am to get back to where I want to be. One thing is for sure, on Saturday night you will see that Shamone Alvarez is back and hungry.
Headlining the spectacular night of boxing will be a long awaited rematch featuring Patrick “The Machine” Majewski (19-1, 13Ko’s) versus Latif Mundy (10-4, 4Ko’s).
Also appearing on the card are fellow Polish prospects Patryk Szymanski (1-0) and debuting Michal
Chudecki in competitive four round contests. Szymanski of Konin, Poland will battle it out with
debuting Atlantic City welterweight, Adrian Wilson. Michal Chudecki of Pozman, Poland will tangle
with undefeated Moses Molina (1-0,1KO) of Bridgeton, New Jersey in a four round super featherweight
Hard hitting Puerto Rican Emanuel “Pinky” Colon (2-0,2KO’s) looks for his second straight knockout as a
professional, when he swaps punches with Philadelphia’s own Gabriel Diaz (1-2-1) in a four round junior
Several other rising prospects are featured on the card.
Undefeated welterweight Anthony Prescott of Cherry Hill, New Jersey is set to go four rounds with
debuting Philadelphian Terrell James.
Tough Philly junior welterweight Hasan Young looks to bounce back from a hard fought draw with
Jerome Rodriguez, when he battles it out over four rounds with an opponent to be announced.
Rounding out the card, is a four round contest featuring a pair of Philly junior welterweights as David Gonzalez (1-0)takes on debuting Charles Mack.
Tickets for this exciting night of boxing are priced at $100, $75 and $50 and can be purchased at
Ticketmaster, Global Boxing Gym at (201) 348-3149 and by contacting Resort Hotel and Casino.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint