- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
Stacked undercard announced for ‘Road To Glory’ card
DiBella Entertainment has announced a stacked undercard for its “Road To Glory” card on September 29, supporting a special HBO Boxing After Dark tripleheader, live from the MGM Grand Theater at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
Many of New England’s hottest prospects will be showcased on “Road To Glory,” headlined by a 10-round title bout featuring undefeated super middleweight contender Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez (21-0, 14 KOs), fighting out of nearby Worcester, Massachusetts, defending his United States Boxing Association (USBA) against unbeaten power-puncher Jason “Monstruo” Escalera (13-0-1, 12 KOs), of Union City, New Jersey.
Also fighting on the HBO BAD show is undefeated Luis Orlando “Orlandito” Del Valle (16-0, 11 KOs) vs. former three-time, two-division world champion Vic “Raging Bull” Darchinyan (37-5-1, 27 KOs), in the 10-round co-feature for the vacant North American Boxing Federation (NABF) super bantamweight title.
World Boxing Council (WBC) International welterweight champion Antonin Decarie (26-1, 7 KOs), rated No. 8 by the WBC and fighting out of Quebec, defends his crown against unbeaten challenger Alex Perez (16-0, 9 KOs), of Newark, New Jersey. Decarie-Perez replaced a Special Light Heavyweight Attraction bout between world-rated Isaac “Golden Boy” Chilemba (19-1-1, 9 KOs) and former two-time, two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei, who was forced to withdraw due to suffering two broken ribs during training camp.
The event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment, in association with Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing and Gary Shaw Productions. All three bouts will be aired on HBO’s Boxing After Dark beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Super lightweight prospect Danny O’Connor (18-1, 6 KOs), who hails from Framingham, Mass., takes on Josh “Nino Assasino” Sosa (10-3, 5 KOs) in an eight-round bout. O’Connor has been on a roll since he added head trainer Ronnie Shields to his corner, in addition Ken Casey, founder and lead singer of the popular Boston-based band Dropkick Murphys, becoming the southpaw’s manager.
Entertaining Quincy (Mass.) super featherweight Ryan “Polish Prince” Kielczweski (13-0, 2 KOs) puts his unbeaten record on the line against Jeremy McLaurin (9-3, 5 KOs) in an eight-rounder. Undefeated New Haven (Conn.) super bantamweight Luis “KO King” Rosa Jr. (8-3, 1 KO) faces Victor Valenzuela (8-3, 1 KO) in an eight-round rematch of their May 24 fight in Boston that ended in a No Contest, due to cuts sustained from an accidental head butt.
Fan-favorite Sonya Lamonakis (6-0-2, 1 KO), the pride of Turner Falls (Mass.), returns to action against heavyweight Tanzee Daniels (4-1-1, 1 KO), out of Queens (NY).
“Road to Glory” is the highly anticipated HBO Boxing After Dark tripleheader, featuring some of the brightest young fighters in all of boxing looking to continue on their paths toward their respective world championships. The card will take place on Saturday, September 29, at MGM Grand at Foxwoods. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased through the Foxwoods box office by calling 1 (800) 200-2882. Tickets are priced at $45, $75, $100 and $200.
For more information, visit us at www.dbe1.com, follow us at twitter/loudibella or
visit our fan page at facebook/dibellaentertainment.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015