- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
- M-1 Challenge 46 Fact Sheet for Friday in Russia
Stacked undercard announced for ‘Road To Glory’ card
DiBella Entertainment has announced a stacked undercard for its “Road To Glory” card on September 29, supporting a special HBO Boxing After Dark tripleheader, live from the MGM Grand Theater at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
Many of New England’s hottest prospects will be showcased on “Road To Glory,” headlined by a 10-round title bout featuring undefeated super middleweight contender Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez (21-0, 14 KOs), fighting out of nearby Worcester, Massachusetts, defending his United States Boxing Association (USBA) against unbeaten power-puncher Jason “Monstruo” Escalera (13-0-1, 12 KOs), of Union City, New Jersey.
Also fighting on the HBO BAD show is undefeated Luis Orlando “Orlandito” Del Valle (16-0, 11 KOs) vs. former three-time, two-division world champion Vic “Raging Bull” Darchinyan (37-5-1, 27 KOs), in the 10-round co-feature for the vacant North American Boxing Federation (NABF) super bantamweight title.
World Boxing Council (WBC) International welterweight champion Antonin Decarie (26-1, 7 KOs), rated No. 8 by the WBC and fighting out of Quebec, defends his crown against unbeaten challenger Alex Perez (16-0, 9 KOs), of Newark, New Jersey. Decarie-Perez replaced a Special Light Heavyweight Attraction bout between world-rated Isaac “Golden Boy” Chilemba (19-1-1, 9 KOs) and former two-time, two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei, who was forced to withdraw due to suffering two broken ribs during training camp.
The event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment, in association with Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing and Gary Shaw Productions. All three bouts will be aired on HBO’s Boxing After Dark beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Super lightweight prospect Danny O’Connor (18-1, 6 KOs), who hails from Framingham, Mass., takes on Josh “Nino Assasino” Sosa (10-3, 5 KOs) in an eight-round bout. O’Connor has been on a roll since he added head trainer Ronnie Shields to his corner, in addition Ken Casey, founder and lead singer of the popular Boston-based band Dropkick Murphys, becoming the southpaw’s manager.
Entertaining Quincy (Mass.) super featherweight Ryan “Polish Prince” Kielczweski (13-0, 2 KOs) puts his unbeaten record on the line against Jeremy McLaurin (9-3, 5 KOs) in an eight-rounder. Undefeated New Haven (Conn.) super bantamweight Luis “KO King” Rosa Jr. (8-3, 1 KO) faces Victor Valenzuela (8-3, 1 KO) in an eight-round rematch of their May 24 fight in Boston that ended in a No Contest, due to cuts sustained from an accidental head butt.
Fan-favorite Sonya Lamonakis (6-0-2, 1 KO), the pride of Turner Falls (Mass.), returns to action against heavyweight Tanzee Daniels (4-1-1, 1 KO), out of Queens (NY).
“Road to Glory” is the highly anticipated HBO Boxing After Dark tripleheader, featuring some of the brightest young fighters in all of boxing looking to continue on their paths toward their respective world championships. The card will take place on Saturday, September 29, at MGM Grand at Foxwoods. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased through the Foxwoods box office by calling 1 (800) 200-2882. Tickets are priced at $45, $75, $100 and $200.
For more information, visit us at www.dbe1.com, follow us at twitter/loudibella or
visit our fan page at facebook/dibellaentertainment.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?