- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Sturm vs. Geale, Golovkin vs. Proksa winners must face each other by 12/31, says the World Boxing Association
(Photo credit Ed Keenan/K2 Promotions) NEW YORK, NY (August 31, 2012) On Thursday, August 30, 2012, the World Boxing Association issued a resolution ordering the winners of the two WBA middleweight championship fights scheduled for this Saturday, September 1 to fight each other by December 31, 2012.
WBA “Super Champion” Felix Sturm will fight Daniel Geale in Oberhausen, Germany. A few hours later, in Verona New York, WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will defend his title against #3 ranked Grzegorz Proksa live on HBO.
“I am very focused on my fight with Proksa,” said Golovkin as he prepares for his highly anticipated HBO broadcasted clash with Proksa. “This news gives me extra motivation to make sure I win on Saturday night so that I can finally get Sturm in the ring.”
Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, “We are glad that the WBA has issued this binding resolution and ordered the winner of Golovkin/Proksa to fight the winner of Sturm/Geale by the end of this year. Gennady has waited long enough to prove that he is the real WBA middleweight champion.”
The Golovkin/Proksa bout takes place live on HBO”s Boxing After Dark this Saturday night, September 1st from the Turning Stone Casino in Verona, NY, 9:45ET/PT.
ABOUT K2 PROMOTIONS
K2 Promotions currently promotes the unified heavyweight champions, Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko. Over the last decade, K2 Promotions has promoted the most heavyweight championship title bouts of any promoter worldwide. K2 Promotions is one of Boxing’s most respected promoters showcasing boxing’s biggest events in the US and Europe at some of the world’s premier venues.
For more information, please visit their website at
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money