- MIAMI PRESS CONFERENCE HEATS UP AHEAD OF WORLD TITLE BOUT
- UniMás to Air Rigondeaux Title Defense at Venetian Macao, July 19 at 11 PM ET/PT
- Derek Ennis Steps in to Face Caleb Truax on Friday, July 25, At UIC Pavilion in Chicago
- Czar Returns to Sands 8/9 for NBCSN Fight Night
- Gavronski, Tureano Headline ESPN Friday Night Fights and Noche de Combates
- Matchroom Boxing Fight Pass launches in August
Thomas Dulorme vs. Yoryi Estrella on Friday
August 28, 2012 – On this Friday, August 31, Universal Promotions in conjunction with Gary Shaw Productions and DiBella Entertainment will be presenting the “Night of Champions”, fight card which will take place at the Guillermo Angulo Coliseum in Carolina, PR.
In the feature fight of the evening, Thomas Dulorme (15-0, 12 KOs) will be facing off against Dominican Yoryi Estrella (10-7, 7 KOs) in a bout scheduled for 10-rounds at the welterweight division.
“We are ready and eager to fight this Friday,” said Dulorme, the undefeated fighter, who is promoted Universal Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and DiBella Entertainment Dulorme. “Yoryi Estrella is a great strong fighter and I hope we bring a toe to toe action packed fight, because the fans are paying for the tickets”.
In his short professional career, Dulorme already has notable wins under his belt over former world champion DeMarcus Corley and world class contender, Charlie Navarro, who both fell to the Puerto Rican by unanimous decision.
Estrella went the distance in an exciting fight in his next to last encounter against current International Boxing Federation (IBF) Champion Randall Bailey, who defeated Mike Jones by knock out in his last fight.
“This will be a war because I come to fight and win and this victory is for the Dominican Republic” said a confident Yoryi Estrella.
Dulorme is currently ranked #1 by the World Boxing Council (WBC), # 3 by the World Boxing Association (WBA), and #14 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO).
Local fighter from Cidra, PR, José “Sniper” Pedraza (9-0, 6 KOs) will clash against José Valderrama (4-1, 2 KOs) in the co-feature fight scheduled for 8-rounds in the super featherweight division (130lbs).
“I know that Valderrama is well prepared,” said Pedraza, who is promoted by Universal Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and DiBella Entertainment. “This will be an interesting fight because despite of his record, he is a quality fighter.”
Pedraza is the current World Boxing Council Juvenile Champion at 130 pounds. This past June, he defeated Carlos “Special Edition” Claudio by a landslide unanimous decision at the Mario ‘Quijote’ Moráles Coliseum in Guaynabo, PR.
“On August 31, we are ready to remove the undefeated record of Pedraza and we are prepared physically and mentally for that,” said Valderrama. “I know I will be victorious on Friday.”
Valderrama’s only loss was a close one against local fighter, Kelvin Galarza last year in Ponce, PR.
There will be a puncher’s duel at the super welterweight division (154lbs), when local fighter from Vega Baja,PR, Jorge “Destroyer” Meléndez ( 23-2, 22 KO ) faces off against Colombian Milton Nuñez ( 24-4, 22 KO ). The fight is scheduled for 10-rounds and is for the Interim Latin title of the WBO that belongs to Meléndez.
“Milton is a strong opponent. Once he feels my hands, the fight will be over, so I’m eager to fight” said Melendez.
Others fighting on the undercard include, Luis Rodríguez (1-0, 1 KO – 140lbs) vs. Luis Ortíz (0-1), Victor Pérez vs. Usiel Vélez (1-0, 1 KO), debutants Emmanuel De Jesús (154lbs) vs. Xavier Lazaye, Miguel Marrero (5-0, 2 KOs – 130lbs) vs. Pedro Hernandez (6-6-1, 1 KO), Carlos “Kid” Narváez (4-0, 4 KOs – 118lbs ) vs. José Torres (2-1), Emanuel ‘Manny’ Rodríguez (2-0, 2 KOs – 118lbs ) vs. Luis Ortíz (2-12) and Efraín ‘Macho’ Santiago (debutant 135lbs) vs. Nelson Agosto (0-2).
First fight is set to start at 7:00pm. Tickets priced $20, $38, $53 are available through Ticket Center (www.tcpr.com), or by calling 787.792.5000.
Team Puerto Rico……….the new wave, once again making a splash…..
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Iron Mike Promotions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Brook: I’ll prove I am the real deal against Porter
- Canelo vs Lara Grand Arrival Photos, Videos
- Arum makes offer to Algieri to face Pacquiao next on 11/22 in Macao
- Pugilist KOrner Radio: Don Chargin, Peter Quillin, Steve Smoger, Austin Trout, Brian Viloria, Vanes Martirosyan, and Mike Stafford