- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Tim Bradley to fight on December 15th in NY, possibly against Provodnikov
By Rob Smith: WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley (29-0, 12 KO’s) will be back in the ring on December 15th in a fight that will be taking place at Madison Square Garden in New York against one of three possible opponents, according to RingTV. One of the guys that the 28-year-old Bradley could be facing is #2 WBO light welterweight contender Ruslan Provodnikov (22-1, 15 KO’s).
That’s not exactly appealing choice for Bradley, because he was hoping he could get a big named opponent to fight him next. However, he was passed over by Manny Pacquiao due to a number of factors, one of which was the low PPV totals that his fight with Pacquiao brought in last June.
Provodnikov has been underwhelming against journeyman like DeMarcus Corley and contender Mauricio Herrera. Provodnikov lost to Herrera, and I thought he deserved to lose to Corley last December. It’s a winnable fight for Bradley, and it should guarantee that he’ll be available for a fight agaisnt Pacquiao next year if his promoter Bob Arum is interested in putting him in with Pacquiao.
Bradley recently mentioned wanting to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. for his next fight but that’s probably not a realistic option for him. Mayweather chooses mostly popular fighters and he’d have to be in a charitable mood to want to fight Bradley. It would be interesting to see Bradley and Mayweather fight, but only in how well Mayweather does against him compared to Pacquiao.
Bradley’s promoter Bob Arum seems to have an angle he’s thinking of for why he’s putting Bradley in New York. It’s got to be a popular New York fighter that Arum will be looking to match Bradley with in the near future. It won’t be for this fight in December, but Arum could be thinking in terms of possible fights between Bradley and Paulie Malignaggi or even Miguel Cotto.
Bradley is an easy mark and Cotto might be interested in destroying him if Bradley is okay with fighting at 154 lbs. I don’t see Malignaggi agreeing to fight Bradley unless Arum throws a lot of cash at Malignaggi. It still probably won’t happen due to Malignaggi fighting for Golden Boy Promotions.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity