- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
US based Emmanuel Addo leads Ghanaian invasion of Mexico Sept 14
By Prince Dornu-Leiku – US based Emmanuel Addotei Addo nicknamed Money Mosquito is looking to announce himself to the boxing world when he leads a 4-man Ghanaian invasion of Mexico come September 24 at the Hotel Executivo, Culiacan.
Addo, 11-1, 9 KOs, faces former IBO world champion Fernando ‘Wary’ Beltran (36-8-1, 20 KOs) over ten rounds in an IBO Intercontinental Featherweight contest the Ghanaian hopes will propel him to greater glory.
Malik Jabir, Prince Doku Jnr and Mohammed Akrong are other boxers from Ghana fighting on the same bill.
Addo was set for his first fight since arriving in the US against Jesse Carradine back on June 29 until an injury ruled him out. Now back in his groove, the Ghanaian is raring to go and is confident against the vastly experienced Mexican slugger.
“I will make sure l will give all my actions and hope for a win. This is a chance to prove the best of what was hidden in me and l will make sure that I will win every round at a time. I am well prepared for this fight,” Money Mosquito told the Ghanaians website www.sports.com.gh from his US base.
So confident is the Ghanaians slugger of victory that he is already looking beyond the fight against southpaw Beltran who also challenged for the WBO Super Bantamweight belt in 2005 and the IBF version of the same title in 2008, albeit both unsuccessfully.
Emmanuel Addo said: “I am going for a knockout? Yes if it comes l will take it but l will make sure that he gets cuts. After this fight, we’re looking to get on a bigger stage and l hope someday next year l will get a world title. Ghanaians should pray for me and l will put smiles on their faces.”
Meanwhile, also preparing fervently in Ghana ahead of the trip to Mexico on September 14 are the trio of Jabir, Doku and Akrong.
Malik Jabir AKA Snake, is due to fight against the idol of El Dorado Oscar ‘El Estudiante’ Meza in an 8-round Lightweight championship, Prince Doku will also face another local favourite Fabian ‘Five’ Ramirez in a Super Lightweight clash also over 8 rounds whilst Akrong takes on Jaudiel “El Negro’ Zepeda in a 10 round Middleweight bout.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In