- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Vazquez Jr: I’m ready to beat Oquendo on October 6th
GUAYNABO, PUERTO RICO- Puerto Ricans Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. and Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo were face to face for the first time today for their upcoming bout on October 6 at “The War”, to be held at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation, in association with All Star Boxing, Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer to be broadcast on “Pay Per View”.
In a press conference today at the Museo del Deporte de Puerto Rico in Guaynabo was officially presented “The War” between Vazquez Jr. and Oquendo after the fall of the Vazquez Jr. against Rafael Marquez fight due to a Mexican’s issues.
Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18 KOs), a former WBO superbantamweight champion and WBO #8 ranked, will face Oquendo (22-2, 15 KOs), the #3 ranked by the WBO in the superbantamweights and the WBO Latino champion, for the WBO International 122lb title in a fight scheduled to 12 rounds.
“I think everybody deserves a chance and Oquendo get his chance, but I’m training hard to win this fight in my way to a world opportunity. I fought the best in 122 pounds and I learned so much”, Vazquez Jr. said.
Om the other hand, Oquendo said that “Marquez was afraid and didn’t want to come to fight against Papito. But I’m a warrior and I know I can beat Papito, I respect him and his family, but I’m training to win this fight”.
Meanwhile, former 105 and 108 pounds world champion Ivan “Iron Boy” Calderon (35-2-1, 6 KOs), will challenge WBO minimum (105 pounds) champion, Mexican Moises Fuentes (15-1, 7 KOs).
In an undefeated fighters bout, #4 WBO lightweight ranked, Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez (20-0, 15 KOs) will defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) Latino 135lbs title in a 10 rounds fight against Eudy Bernardo (13-0, 8 KOs), from the Dominican Republic.
In a fight between Olympians, Victor Bisbal (20-1, 14 KOs) will face Alex Gonzalez (20-7, 10 KOs) in the heavyweight division, scheduled to eight rounds.
Tickets for “The War” are availables at Ticketcenter (www.tcpr.com) calling 1 787 792-5000. The prices are $20, $40, $75, $125 and $250.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka