- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
Vazquez Jr-Marquez, Calderon-Fuentes, Gonzalez-Bernardo & Oquendo-Nieves 30 day weigh-in for October 6th card
BAYAMÓN, PUERTO RICO- The Puerto Rican boxers who will fight in the headline bouts in the show “The War, Puerto Rico vs Mexico” showed in good condition today during the 30 day weigh in for their upcoming bouts on October 6 at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation, in association with All Star Boxing, Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer broadcast on “Pay Per View”.
For the headline fight, Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18 KOs), former World Boxing Organization (WBO) super bantamweight champion, who will face Rafael Marquez (41-7, 37 KOs), a former International Boxing Federation (IBF) bantamweight and WBC super bantamweight champion, weighed today 138 pounds of a 140.3 maximum. This fight is for the WBO International super bantamweight title in a fight scheduled to 12 rounds. Marquez is ranked #6 and Vazquez Jr. #8 by the WBO in the super bantamweights.
Meanwhile, Ivan “Iron Boy” Calderon (35-2-1, 6 KOs), who will try to win again the WBO minimum crown against champion Moises Fuentes (15-1, 7 KOs), from Mexico, weighed 112 pounds of a 120.75 maximum. Calderon is ranked #3 in the WBO.
In other interesting fight between Puerto Ricans Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo (22-2, 15 KOs), the #3 ranked by the WBO in the super bantamweights, weighed 130 pounds, while his rival Jose “Miau” Nieves (20-2-3, 9 KOs) weighed 135 with pants and shoes. This fight is for the WBO Latino super bantamweight title, scheduled to 10 rounds. Nieves is ranked 10 by the WBO in the bantamweights.
For the remaining TV bout unbeaten Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez (20-0, 15 KOs) weighed 152 pounds of a 155.25 maximum for his defense of the WBO Latino lightweight title against Eudy Bernardo (13-0, 8 KOs). Gonzalez is ranked #4 by the WBO in the lightweight division.
More details for “The War, Puerto Rico vs Mexico” soon.
Tickets for “The War” are availables at Ticketcenter (www.tcpr.com) calling 1 787 792-5000. The prices are $20, $40, $75, $125 and $250.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook