- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Vazquez Jr-Marquez, Calderon-Fuentes, Gonzalez-Bernardo & Oquendo-Nieves 30 day weigh-in for October 6th card
BAYAMÓN, PUERTO RICO- The Puerto Rican boxers who will fight in the headline bouts in the show “The War, Puerto Rico vs Mexico” showed in good condition today during the 30 day weigh in for their upcoming bouts on October 6 at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation, in association with All Star Boxing, Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer broadcast on “Pay Per View”.
For the headline fight, Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18 KOs), former World Boxing Organization (WBO) super bantamweight champion, who will face Rafael Marquez (41-7, 37 KOs), a former International Boxing Federation (IBF) bantamweight and WBC super bantamweight champion, weighed today 138 pounds of a 140.3 maximum. This fight is for the WBO International super bantamweight title in a fight scheduled to 12 rounds. Marquez is ranked #6 and Vazquez Jr. #8 by the WBO in the super bantamweights.
Meanwhile, Ivan “Iron Boy” Calderon (35-2-1, 6 KOs), who will try to win again the WBO minimum crown against champion Moises Fuentes (15-1, 7 KOs), from Mexico, weighed 112 pounds of a 120.75 maximum. Calderon is ranked #3 in the WBO.
In other interesting fight between Puerto Ricans Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo (22-2, 15 KOs), the #3 ranked by the WBO in the super bantamweights, weighed 130 pounds, while his rival Jose “Miau” Nieves (20-2-3, 9 KOs) weighed 135 with pants and shoes. This fight is for the WBO Latino super bantamweight title, scheduled to 10 rounds. Nieves is ranked 10 by the WBO in the bantamweights.
For the remaining TV bout unbeaten Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez (20-0, 15 KOs) weighed 152 pounds of a 155.25 maximum for his defense of the WBO Latino lightweight title against Eudy Bernardo (13-0, 8 KOs). Gonzalez is ranked #4 by the WBO in the lightweight division.
More details for “The War, Puerto Rico vs Mexico” soon.
Tickets for “The War” are availables at Ticketcenter (www.tcpr.com) calling 1 787 792-5000. The prices are $20, $40, $75, $125 and $250.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes