- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Ward vs. Dawson & DeMarco vs. Molina Final Press Conference Photos
Andre Ward, Chad Dawson, Antonio DeMarco and John Molina, Jr., joined by their camps and co-promoters Dan Goossen and Gary Shaw at the final press conference for “Ward vs. Dawson – World Champions – Made In America.”
Here are their quotes from the final press conference and attached are photos.
“The biggest talk comes from individuals who have never laced on a pair of gloves in their life. At the end of the day, it’s only me and Chad Dawson. We are the ones that have to fight. I prepared the same way as I did for the last five fights. I respect all of my opponents.
“I respect the sport and I respect my championships. They see me as soft and that’s not how it really is. Nothing has been given to me. We worked hard to get to this point and harder to stay there. All the talk is over with. It’s time to go to work.”
Ward Trainer Virgil Hunter:
“My observation of Team Dawson is of concern on their part. We also are concerned with Dawson. We respect what he has accomplished and have taken what we need and put it into our training and left no stone unturned.
“Andre will show what we haven’t seen. I always say it takes a great fighter to bring out the best in another fighter and Andre will reveal a new phase of his fighting on Saturday.”
Ward Promoter Dan Goossen:
“We wanted you (Dawson) to make weight. We never anticipated you not making weight. Come Saturday night there will be no excuses about not making weight.
“Chad is just like all opponents standing in front of Andre, who all had confidence. They just don’t get it!
“Andre is a special, special man. Right now Oakland has the best fighter in the world, be it Floyd (Mayweather), Manny (Pacquiao) or whoever.”
Ward Manager James Prince
“He (Dawson) made a bad decision coming to Oakland. He made a bad decision with his team. He made a bad decision with his trainer, Scully. He’s gonna have his hands full Saturday night.
“Team S.O.G., we are a movement of believers. That’s what they are up against. Throw in the towel this time.”
“Saturday night I will walk out as Super Middleweight Champion of the World. I did everything I said I would to make the weight. Now it’s time to fight. Let’s go!
“I am an underdog in this fight and I understand that. But I am looking to take my career to the next level just like he (Ward) is.”
Dawson Trainer John Scully:
“I believe this fight is comparable to Leonard-Hearns. We have trained for the best, the elite. Anybody that thinks we haven’t is sadly mistaken. These are two special fighters and the best man will win.”
Dawson (and DeMarco) Promoter Gary Shaw:
“We fought as underdogs with Shane Mosley versus Oscar De La Hoya and nobody thought we could win. Can you believe that the 175 lb. champion of the world is a 3-1 underdog? As Shane won that night, the last thing I saw was (Promoter Bob) Arum squawking and squawking and that will be Dan Goossen Saturday night after Chad walks out with the 168 and 175-lb. belts.
“You said we made a mistake? Saturday night we’ll find out who made the mistake taking the fight.”
“I just want to say we are in great shape to leave our heart in the ring and emerge victorious Saturday night. Like I say, I respect all my opponents.
“I have a lot of respect for Molina. It’s a privilege to be part of a fight of this magnitude.”
“Just to be on the same card with them (Ward, Dawson) means the world to me There be nothing but fireworks; nothing but a war once that bell rings. I will be the new WBC Lightweight Champion of the World.”
“Ward vs. Dawson – World Champions – Made In America”features a 12-round World Championship bout between Super Middleweight World Champion, Andre Ward and Light Heavyweight World Champion, Chad Dawson as well as a co-featured lightweight championship bout between Antonio DeMarco and John Molina Jr. The night of boxing will take place Sept 8 from the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif. live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 9:45 p.m., ET/PT.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”