- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
August 29, 2012 – Mexico City. From WBC President Dr. José Sulaimán: On September 29, 2012, the sport of boxing will make historical strides as we celebrate the inauguration of a new pension fund in support of our boxing heroes! While providing knockouts in the ring, many of our favorite fighters have fallen to hard times, suffering numerous injuries and living in devastating conditions. For years, this has been a major concern for those of us who love the sport, and it is with jubilation that I tell you that the day has come where we can begin to help those boxers in need.
My dear friend, Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Swiss luxury watch brand Hublot, has agreed to support this initiation project through the auction of 12 unique Hublot timepieces – each engraved with the signature of a boxing champion. In addition, 12 legendary champions have joined forces with us to show their support of the World Boxing Council Pension Fund.
I take this opportunity to thank the following World Boxing Legends for their participation: Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Mike Tyson, Julio Cesar Chavez, Ken Norton, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Roberto Duran, Oscar De La Hoya, Jeff Fenech and Azumah Nelson.
In order for “A Legendary Evening” to be a success, we need your help. Jean-Claude Biver and Jose Sulaiman personally wish to invite you to be a part of this memorable event taking place on September 29, 2012 at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
It is on this night that we will auction these 12 unique pieces- the proceeds of which will go to the World Boxing Council in the presence of the legends themselves!
The cost to attend and be part of this distinctive moment in history is $1000 per person which will go to support the success of the pension fund. In addition, we have negotiated special rates with the Bellagio Hotel to make this a great experience for you.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight