- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
“Weigh-In Live: Pacquiao/Marquez 4″ Airs Friday, Dec. 7 on HBO; Holly Holm
Dec. 5, 2012 –- Boxing fans can get a ringside seat for one of the sport’s most dramatic pre-fight activities when HBO telecasts WEIGH-IN LIVE: PACQUIAO/MARQUEZ 4, the official fighter weigh-in for the fourth meeting in this epic rivalry, featuring welterweight superstars Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez. The half-hour special airs Friday, Dec. 7 at 6:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on HBO.
Hosted by Jim Lampley, the fast-moving program will include the moment when both prizefighters tip the scales as well as providing boxing fans with unprecedented access to the festivities. All the action will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For the first time ever, HBO Sports will light up Times Square during the height of the holiday shopping season with a live stream of the weigh-in program on the giant NASDAQ and Reuters video screens at 6:00 p.m. ET.
Immediately following WEIGH-IN LIVE will be the all-access HBO reality series “24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4.” An encore replay of episodes one, two and three will air beginning at 6:30 p.m. (ET/PT) leading into the premiere of the “24/7” finale at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT). An encore presentation of WEIGH-IN LIVE will air at 8:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
The official fight headquarters for boxing fans all week long is www.insidehboboxing.com where fans can log on for exclusives features from fight week in Las Vegas.
Follow HBO Boxing news at www.hbo.com/boxing; on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hboboxing; and on Twitter @hboboxing.
Holly Holm documentary being shot by Lerner Film
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (December 6, 2012) – Veteran boxing promoter Lenny Fresquez has announced that Lerner Film is shooting a documentary about 12-time, three division world champion Holly “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs).
Director Arnie Lerner will have a film crew working tomorrow night’s Fresquez Productions-presented “Fire And Ice” show, featuring Holm versus WIBA super featherweight champion Diana Prazak (11-1, 7 KOs) in the 10-round main event fighting for the IBA and WBF light welterweight titles, at Route 66 Casino Hotel in Albuquerque.
“I choose subjects for my documentaries that are unique and have inspirational personalities,” Lerner explained why he picked Holm to film a documentary. “I look for someone who lights up the screen to propel their passions. I met Holly and she is so passionate about what she does. She’s confident in her talents, yet, not arrogant at all. She’s an elite athlete who has a sweet-hearted personality. The purity of what she does is undeniable.
“The other side (of the documentary) is the complex industry of boxing, particularly women’s boxing, is in itself. The contradictions in her sport and career are fascinating. Holly represents a completely different way in terms of choices she faces every day. This story is bigger than just boxing, especially the issues faced by women in sports, which will be magnified and brought to a new level. The challenges she faces will be taken serious.”
The relatively quiet, unassuming Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs) is the pound-for-pound Queen of Boxing who has dominated from the 140 through 154-pound weight classes having defeated the likes of Ann Sophie Mathis, Christy Martin, Mary Jo Sanders, Mia St. John, Myriam Lamare, Jane Couch, Duda Yankovich and Chevelle Hallback (twice).
“It’s exciting to do this,” Holm said about being the subject of the aforementioned documentary. “I’m quiet but, if doing this can help women’s boxing, and maybe help me get a few sponsors, it is well worth it. There are a lot of good reasons. Down the road it will be something I can share with my kids and grand-kids. They’re aware I don’t like distractions, unlike some fighters who like distractions to help them perform, but I only fight a few nights a year, so I’m sure it won’t be a distraction for me.”
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say