Weights: Burns 135, Mitchell 135
World Boxing Organization (WBO) World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns and challenger Kevin Mitchell both weighed-in spot on the 135lb limit at today’s official weigh-in.
The pair clash tomorrow (Saturday 22nd July) at Glasgow’s SECC in their Battle of Britain showdown, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Burns and Mitchell both hit the scales in front of a packed crowd in the Lomond Auditorium at the SECC ahead of their highly anticipated fight.
Chief-support John Simpson weighed exactly 130lb for his Celtic Super-Featherweight title defence against Dai Davies, with Welshman Davies coming in slightly lighter at 129lbs.
- OSCAR DE LA HOYA ELECTED TO THE INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME
- Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana media conference call MEDIA
- Three R&R Promotions fighters collect WBC USA titles over the weekend
- Josesito Lopez quotes
- Manny Pacquiao Is Back On April 12, At The MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh