- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Weights: Herrera vs. Mayfield; Dulorme vs. Abregu; Vazquez vs. Quintero
Verona, NY (October 26) – Earlier today Junior Welterweight Mauricio Herrera (18-2-0, 7 KOs) and WBO NABO Junior welterweight champion Karim Mayfield (16-0-1, 10 KOs) participated in the official weigh in. Below are photos of the fighters at today’s weigh in as well as their weights.
The two are set to face off tomorrow, Saturday, October 27, in a title defense fight at Turning Stone Casino in Verona, New York. The 10-round bout will be televised live on HBO’s BOXING AFTER DARK® beginning at 10:15 p.m. ET/PT as the co-feature to a special tripleheader featuring WBC #1 welterweight contender Thomas Dulorme vs. Argentina’s Carlos Abregu in a 12-round welterweight war and Miguel Vasquez vs. Marvin Quintero.
Thomas Dulorme 146 vs. Abregu 147
Karim Mayfield 140 vs. Mauricio Herrera 139
Miguel Vasquez 135 vs Marvin Quintero 133.75
Javier Flores 147 vs. Alberto Herrera 144.5
Joel Brunker 126 vs Carlos Fulgencio 127
Ryan McKenzie 174 vs. Eric Watkins 173
Eric Fields 202 vs. Kevin Franklin 219
*John Thompson 153 vs. Christoper Chatman 154
(Fight canceled Chatman failed MRI exam)
The Herrera-Mayfield 10-round bout is promoted by Gary Shaw Productions in association with Thompson Boxing Promotions.
Doors open at the Turning Stone Resort Casino Event Center at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, October 27. The first undercard bout starts at 7:30 p.m. The live HBO Boxing After Dark telecast begins at 10:15 p.m.
Tickets range from $25 to $75 and are available at the Turning Stone box office or www.Ticketmaster.com. Active military members and current college students with valid ID are eligible for discounted $15 tickets. Call the Turning Stone box office at (315) 361-7469.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent