- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
News: Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. and Jonathan Oquendo ready for their October 6th fight; Diaz-Sanchez & Cancio-Gonzalez
GUAYNABO, PUERTO RICO- Former World Boxing Organization (WBO) super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. and #3 WBO super bantamweight ranked Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo showed today their weight at the last Puerto Rico Boxing Commission weigh in for their headline bout on October 6 at “The War”, to be held at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation, in association with All Star Boxing, Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer to be broadcast on “Pay Per View”.
Vazquez Jr. (21-2-1, 18 KOs), who is #8 ranked by the WBO in the super bantamweights, weighed 129 pounds of a 128.1 maximum, while Oquendo (22-2, 15 KOs), the WBO Latino champion, weighed 128 pounds. This fight is for the WBO International 122 lb title, scheduled to 12 rounds.
Also, former 105 and 108 pounds world champion Ivan “Iron Boy” Calderon (35-2-1, 6 KOs), who will challenge WBO minimum (105 pounds) champion, Mexican Moises Fuentes (15-1, 7 KOs), weighed today 106 ½ pounds of a 110.25 maximum.
Meanwhile, the #4 WBO lightweight ranked, Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez (20-0, 15 KOs) weighed 144 pounds of a 141.75 maximum for his defense of the WBO Latino lightweight title against a foe to be announce. Former rival Eudy Bernardo (13-0, 8 KOs), won’t face Gonzalez next week.
Tickets for “The War” are available at Ticketcenter (www.tcpr.com) calling 1 787 792-5000. The prices are $20, $40, $75, $125 and $250.
JULIO DIAZ vs. HECTOR SANCHEZ ANDREW CANCIO vs. ROGER GONZALEZ TO HEADLINE “SOLO BOXEO TECATE” EVENT ON SATURDAY
LOS ANGELES, September 28 – Featuring a 10 round welterweight clash between former World Champion Julio “The Kidd” Diaz and Puerto Rico’s Hector Sanchez and a junior lightweight showdown between rising star Andrew Cancio and veteran Roger “Speedy” Gonzalez, Saturday night’s “Solo Boxeo Tecate” event at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. will end September with a bang.
Before the bright lights shine on the featured fights of the evening, five exciting undercard fights will get fans in attendance amped up and cheering for more, with local unbeatens Daniel Franco, Jesus Sandoval, Giovanni Santillan, Luis Mora and Gerald Washington all stepping through the ropes on fight night.
Diaz vs. Sanchez, a 10 round welterweight bout, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Cerveza Tecate. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. PT on fight night and the first bell rings at 7:00 p.m. PT. The TeleFutura broadcast begins at midnight ET/11:00 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $25, $35 and $45, are on sale now and available for purchase at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
In a four round junior welterweight fight, it’s an all-California throw-down between undefeated prospects, as Riverside’s Daniel Franco (3-0-1, 1 KO) battles Redwood City’s Jesus Sandoval (2-0-1). San Diego’s Giovanni Santillan (4-0, 2 KO’s) has impressed fight fans since his professional debut in May and the junior welterweight will risk his perfect record in a four round battle against Chula Vista’s Juan Zuniga (3-8-1). More junior welterweight action will see Palm Springs’ Kenny Williams (3-1-1, 1 KO) meet Los Angeles’ Luis Mora (3-0-1, 2 KO’s) in a four round match-up. The big men of the boxing world will also collide when heavyweights Gerald Washington (2-0, 2 KO’s) of Vallejo, Calif. and Terrance Perro (1-0, 1 KO) of Denver meet in a four round battle. In the evening’s opening fight, debuting Manuel Robles Jr. of Los Angeles takes on Tijuana’s Victor Serrano (0-2) in a four round featherweight bout.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down