- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Wladimir Klitschko defends titles against Mariusz Wach in Hamburg
IBF/WBA/WBO/IBO and „The Ring Magazine“ World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko will defend his titles against Mariusz Wach (Poland) at o2 World Hamburg, Germany, on November 10.
Mariusz „The Viking“ Wach, born in Krakow, Poland, lives and trains out of New Jersey (USA). The undefeated heavyweight is 32 years old and 6’ 7½’’ tall. Wach will be the first opponent in Klitschko’s career who is taller than the champion. Wach had a strong amateur career, he was a two time Polish champion and won the silver medal at the European Championships. He is ranked # 4 in the WBC and holds the WBC International Heavyweight as well as the WBC Baltic Heavyweight titles. Wach turned pro in 2005 and has a fight record of 27-0 wins with 15 KOs.
Mariusz Wach: „My fellow countrymen Adamek and Sosnowski did not have what it takes to beat a Klitschko. I am not a former cruiserweight but a real heavyweight. Klitschko will take a lot of hard punches before I knock him out. I will be the first Polish world heavyweight champion!”
For 36-year-old Wladimir Klitschko it is his third appearance in the boxing ring in 2012 after his fourth round KO against Jean-Marc Mormeck in Düsseldorf, Germany in March and his sixth round KO against Tony Thompson in Berne, Switzerland in July. The professional record of the 1996 Olympic Gold medalist is 58 wins (51 KOs) with only 3 losses. It will be Klitschko’s 22nd World Championship fight.
Wladimir Klitschko: „The big challenge for me is Wach’s height. It is the first time that I am facing an opponent who is taller than me and has a better reach. He is unbeaten, a big puncher and has an irrepressible will. To fight in Hamburg once again is very special to me: I started my professional career here and last year Vitali’s and my dream to unify all heavyweight titles in the Klitschko family became true.”
Bernd Bönte, Managing Director of Klitschko Management Group (KMG): „For KMG, it is the fourth event in Hamburg where the company is based. The spectators can expect an unforgettable fight night with a champion in his best form and a top-class entertainment program.”
Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions: “This fight will be the fifth heavyweight championship fight that we have promoted in 2012. It will be a very entertaining fight between two heavyweight giants.”
Ticket sales start on August 28 on www.eventim.de and via telephone under +49-1805-12 13 14. Prices range from 50 and 80 Euro (upper level), 100 Euro and 150 Euro (lower level) to 250, 400 and 650 Euro for exclusive VIP tickets with a seat in the inner field.
In Germany, Klitschko vs. Wach will be broadcasted on RTL.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall