- Tony Weeks Was Story - Angulo Should Be
- Erislandy The American Dream Lara elevated to WBA World Champion
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Garcia out to keep winning streak as Herrera declares ‘he’s fought better guys for peanuts’ ahead of weekend clash live on Boxnation
- Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne II to be televised by ESPN on May 10th
- Garcia, Herrera, Deontay Wilder and Scott quotes
- 2014 CHICAGO GOLDEN GLOVES, QUARTERFINAL RESULTS
- LiveStream: Garcia vs. Herrera Weigh-In LIVE on Friday
- Record Breaking Participation in Upcoming AIBA Youth World Championships Sofia 2014
- IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator Moved to June 21st
- WSB: Worlds Collide in the WSB quarter-finals
- Complete Show Boxeo TELEMUNDO March 14, 2014 at Kissimmee Civic Center Kissimmee, Florida
Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Troy Ross ready for battle on Saturday
(Picture: Team Sauerland) The moment of truth is just days away. The world will wait and see if Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) is able to defend his International Boxing Federation (IBF) Cruiserweight Title against Troy Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) from Canada. Coach Ulli Wegner is sure that the only possible outcome is a triumph for his prodigy Hernandez. “Troy Ross is a really strong opponent but on Saturday we will be victorious,” said the 70-year-old. During today’s public workout, Wegner proved that he is always good for a surprise.
Everyone is expecting to see a fight between two southpaws, but if today’s training session is anything to go by, that might not be the case after all. While working with the pads, Hernandez did start in his usual stance but midway through he switched to an orthodox stance, right in front of Ross´ coach Christopher Amos. Could the current champion be fighting as an orthodox boxer on September 15? It would not be the first time. Ulli Wegner: “Pablo was a member of the cast for the movie ‘Max Schmeling’. He had the role of Joe Louis and was acting alongside Henry Maske. For the movie Hernandez switched to orthodox. You will have to wait and see what happens on Saturday.”
Nevertheless, he was just as powerful and put his remarkable hand speed and strength on display and it will be interesting to see which Hernandez steps into the ring in three days time.
Troy Ross´ session was not as spectacular as Hernandez´. The 37-year-old did show the whole variety of his preparations to the representatives of the media and fans. He started with some rope skipping, continued with shadow boxing and then ended his training by hitting the pads.
“Come Saturday the boxing abilities will be the decisive factor. That will make the difference. Boxing is a tough sport. The training is really hard. I have been preparing a lot for this fight. I have no ill feelings towards Hernandez. I just want to prove that my set of skills is better than his. That way I will take the belt home with me”, said the Canadian after his stint.
Also in Bamberg is Dominik Britsch (26-0-1, 9 K.o.´s). For the second time in his career the boxer from Neckarsulm, Germany, who was also part of today’s training session, will step into the ring with the Spaniard Roberto Santos (17-6-2, 9 KOs). Their last fight was in February in Stuttgart, Germany. That bout ended in a draw. Now, both fighters are determined to be victorious and make the vacant EU Title their own. “This is my forth fight here in Bamberg. I won the previous three. I will give it my all to keep my winning streak in this city alive,” said the 24-year-old middleweight.
Tickets for the event in Bamberg can be purchased online at www.eventim.de and www.kartenkiosk-bamberg.de.
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” A Knockout Success With Well Over 350,000 PPV Buys
- Deontay Wilder Out To Prove He Is The Real Deal
- Strength & Conditioning Changes In Pacquiao Camp
- Weights: Brook-Robles, Bellew-Brudov, & Mitchell-Avakyan
- Price-Pala rescheduled for April 12th in Denmark, Lee also in action
- Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17th at Inglewood forum
- Adamek – Glazkov / Chilemba – Grachev Final Presser