- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
10th Mountain Division Band To Perform In Parade
CANASTOTA, NY – JUNE 4, 2013 – The International Boxing Hall of Fame is honored to announced that the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division Band from Fort Drum, NY will perform in the 2013 Parade of Champions set for Sunday, June 9th in Canastota, NY. The Parade of Champions is part of festivities planned for the 24th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Weekend, June 6-9th.
Parade of Champions – Sunday June 9th
“The Parade of Champions is one of the most popular parades in Upstate New York and we are beyond excited to have the 10th Mountain Division Band participate, said Hall of Fame director Edward Brophy. “We are very much looking forward to a great day for the entire family.”
Set for Sunday, June 9th at 1:00 p.m., the parade will proceed through downtown Canastota (Peterboro Street) and lead to the grounds of the Hall of Fame Museum prior to the start of the Official Induction Ceremony honoring the new class of inductees.
The 10th Mountain Division Light Infantry Band is based out of Fort Drum, NY and is commanded by Warrant Officer Daniel P. Wood. Since 9/11, the band has provided musical and operational support while being deployed to Kosovo in support of Operation KFOR, Pakistan for support in response to the earthquake that rocked the area in 2005, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and 3 deployments to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. These professional Soldier-Musicians are trained and ready to deploy anywhere in the world.
Stateside, the musicians of the 10th Mountain Division (LI) Band provide a wide range of musical support for the Soldiers, as well as the citizens, of the North Country. In addition to Marching and Ceremonial Band, the 10th Mountain Division Band can also field an array of diverse performing groups such as: Rock Band, Jazz Combo, Brass Quintet, and many other smaller ensembles.
Among the 40 plus boxing stars set to be highlighted in the parade include Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Sergio Martinez, “Irish” Micky Ward, Pipino Cuevas, Aaron “The Hawk” Pryor, Julian Jackson, Mia St. John, Earnie Shavers, Gerry Cooney, Gaspar Ortega, Tony DeMarco, Danny “Little Red” Lopez, Tracy Harris Patterson and many more.
The grand marshal of this year’s parade is Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Rosie Perez. Perez received an Emmy nomination for her work as choreographer on the hit sketch comedy series In Living Color. On the big screen, Perez starred in the 1992 motion picture White Men Can’t Jump and earned Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for her supporting role in the 1993 motion picture Fearless.
The parade also includes pageant caliber bands, as well as drum and bugle corps and pipe bands. Floats and community organizations are also featured.
“With the lineup of marching bands, celebrities and community organizations, this should be our biggest parade ever and an unforgettable day for all,” said parade chairperson Charlene Barres.
For more information on the Hall of Fame’s 24th Annual Induction Weekend please call (315) 697-7095, visit online at www.ibhof.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/InternationalBoxingHallofFame and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BoxingHall.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015