- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
10th Mountain Division Band To Perform In Parade
CANASTOTA, NY – JUNE 4, 2013 – The International Boxing Hall of Fame is honored to announced that the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division Band from Fort Drum, NY will perform in the 2013 Parade of Champions set for Sunday, June 9th in Canastota, NY. The Parade of Champions is part of festivities planned for the 24th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Weekend, June 6-9th.
Parade of Champions – Sunday June 9th
“The Parade of Champions is one of the most popular parades in Upstate New York and we are beyond excited to have the 10th Mountain Division Band participate, said Hall of Fame director Edward Brophy. “We are very much looking forward to a great day for the entire family.”
Set for Sunday, June 9th at 1:00 p.m., the parade will proceed through downtown Canastota (Peterboro Street) and lead to the grounds of the Hall of Fame Museum prior to the start of the Official Induction Ceremony honoring the new class of inductees.
The 10th Mountain Division Light Infantry Band is based out of Fort Drum, NY and is commanded by Warrant Officer Daniel P. Wood. Since 9/11, the band has provided musical and operational support while being deployed to Kosovo in support of Operation KFOR, Pakistan for support in response to the earthquake that rocked the area in 2005, Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and 3 deployments to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. These professional Soldier-Musicians are trained and ready to deploy anywhere in the world.
Stateside, the musicians of the 10th Mountain Division (LI) Band provide a wide range of musical support for the Soldiers, as well as the citizens, of the North Country. In addition to Marching and Ceremonial Band, the 10th Mountain Division Band can also field an array of diverse performing groups such as: Rock Band, Jazz Combo, Brass Quintet, and many other smaller ensembles.
Among the 40 plus boxing stars set to be highlighted in the parade include Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Sergio Martinez, “Irish” Micky Ward, Pipino Cuevas, Aaron “The Hawk” Pryor, Julian Jackson, Mia St. John, Earnie Shavers, Gerry Cooney, Gaspar Ortega, Tony DeMarco, Danny “Little Red” Lopez, Tracy Harris Patterson and many more.
The grand marshal of this year’s parade is Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Rosie Perez. Perez received an Emmy nomination for her work as choreographer on the hit sketch comedy series In Living Color. On the big screen, Perez starred in the 1992 motion picture White Men Can’t Jump and earned Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for her supporting role in the 1993 motion picture Fearless.
The parade also includes pageant caliber bands, as well as drum and bugle corps and pipe bands. Floats and community organizations are also featured.
“With the lineup of marching bands, celebrities and community organizations, this should be our biggest parade ever and an unforgettable day for all,” said parade chairperson Charlene Barres.
For more information on the Hall of Fame’s 24th Annual Induction Weekend please call (315) 697-7095, visit online at www.ibhof.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/InternationalBoxingHallofFame and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BoxingHall.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down