- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
12 Questions with Georgie Kean – Frank Warren’s New Signing Makes his Pro Debut at The Copper Box
1.How old are you?
2.Where are you from?
Islington, North London
2.What’s your day job?
3.What’s your nickname?
4.Tell us about your amateur career.
I boxed for England. I won 2 national champions and boxed for Repton. I fought all over the place, I fought in Lagos Nigeria, Cyprus, Switzerland- I really travelled about.
5.Why did you choose to turn pro now?
I’ve always had a pro style and I have always been in exciting fights even when I didn’t need to be. I was going turn pro since I was 18, but now feels like the right time.
6. Who do you know from your amateur days that’s now in the pro game?
Ricky Boylan and Bradley Skeete I didn’t box against them but we were coming through at the same time and were in and around the same circuit. I also know Frank Buglioni who I boxed for Repton with, as well as Charlie Hoy.
7.What are your interests away from boxing?
I’m big into my fashion and I always like to look smart. I like to eat nice food and go to nice restaurants.
8. Tell us about your style?
Best qualities are my shot selection and my exiting style. I like to say I’m Joe Calzaghe Ricky Hatton and Oscar de la Hoya all wrapped into one and you will see that on the 21st September
9.Who’s your favourite current fighter?
Nathan Cleverly is a great fighter, really fit and a solid chin. Obviously I train with James DeGale who really has unbelievable talent. So those two.
10. Which current fighter do you most dislike?
I’ve got no real issues with any fighter in particular. A lot of people don’t like Audley Harrison for instance, but I love his never give up attitude and have become a real fan of his.
11.Which current match would you most like to see made?
The stand out one would be Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio but not sure that will happen as there’s a lot that will stand in the way of it, alternatively I’d love to see Mayweather against Amir Khan and if not that I’d love to fight Floyd myself, now that I’m a pro!
12. You have a big following already, how many Georgie Kean fans are going to be at your debut at The Copper Box?
As soon as I get out of here I’m going to rally the troops, and make sure their all there in force. We’ve hopefully got a whole block so there is going to be a lot of noise in that place, and if anyone wants to join that block get in touch now!
Amateur starlet Georgie Kean’s pro debut is part of a terrific undercard for ‘Rock The Box’ at The Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Park, which is headlined by the highly anticipated Billy Joe Saunders v John Ryder British title showdown. The action is exclusively live on BoxNation.
The card will see Britain’s most controversial boxer, Dereck Chisora take his next step towards another crack at a Klitchsko brother, as he looks to build on his stoppage win against Malik Scott in an international heavyweight contest. Whilst British Welterweight Champion Frankie Gavin, makes the first defence of both the British and Commonwealth titles as he attempts to secure the Lonsdale belt outright. Merseyside’s exciting ‘Baby-Faced Assassin, British and Commonwealth Super-Flyweight Champion Paul Butler faces Chiles Miguel Gonzalez for the WBO Intercontinental title.
In addition to all this, a cracking Commonwealth Super-Featherweight Title showdown takes place between Liam Walsh and Joe Murray, whilst the KO specialist elder Walsh brother Michael also appears on the bill looking to extend his 100% perfect resume.
The hotly touted Mitchell Smith also has his first tilt at a title when he faces Scott Moises for the Southern Area Super- Featherweight Title, whilst Super Middleweight sensation Frank Buglioni will be bringing his army of over 600 fans to the venue.
Another top Amateur star Josh Leather is also debut on the card.
Tickets for the Copper Box Arena show are priced at:
£40 Upper Concourse
£50 Lower Seating Bowl
And are available now from:
Box Office: 0844 269 1000
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things