- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
“30 DAYS IN MAY” Documentary Chronicling Floyd Mayweather’s 2012 Jail Stint Premieres This Wednesday on SHOWTIME
NEW YORK (April 1, 2013) – “30 DAYS IN MAY,” a revealing documentary film chronicling the days surrounding Floyd Mayweather’s incarceration in 2012, premieres Wednesday, April 3, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME®. The one-hour film was created exclusively from never-before-seen footage and features the only interviews Mayweather has conducted about this “life-changing experience.”
“30 DAYS IN MAY” offers an intimate look into the life of the world’s highest-paid athlete as he prepares for one of the most challenging experiences of his life. It provides a look inside his life, from his flamboyant mansion to a surprise birthday party for his daughter, while he prepares for life in a jail cell smaller than his bedroom closet. Ultimately, “30 DAYS IN MAY” reveals a man at peace with his impending incarceration and his evolution as a human being.
The debut of the documentary kicks off an unprecedented programming lineup in support of the upcoming SHOWTIME PPV® presentation of “MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero,” featuring Mayweather’s first fight back in the ring since his release from jail. The mega-event, headlined by the undefeated Eight-Time and Five Division World Champion Mayweather facing Six-Time and Four-Division World Champion Robert Guerrero, takes place Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.
Produced by Jackson Nguyen and Todd Crites of Turn Left Productions, “30 DAYS IN MAY” chronicles the days between Mayweather’s May 5, 2012 victory over Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto and the start of a three-month jail term on June 1, 2012 at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas. The film concludes on Aug. 3, Mayweather’s self-described “best day of my life,” when he was released after serving two months behind bars.
“Our goal was not to tell his whole story – his humble upbringing or all of his accomplishments – but rather to document the life of a modern day superstar leading up to his three-month prison term,” said Crites. “What we are most proud of with ‘30 DAYS IN MAY’ is that it reveals a side of Floyd Mayweather that few get to witness – a person who is somewhat of a simple man, caring, eloquent, soft-spoken and, at times, reflective of not only himself, but also the world around him.”
“This film unveils a rarely seen side of a very public figure,” said Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports®. “There are poignant moments, refreshing moments and a candid look into how this experience affected Floyd. I can’t think of a better program to begin our unique lineup of content, which will culminate with Mayweather’s return to the ring against Robert Guerrero on May 4.”
“MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero,” a 12-round fight for Mayweather’s WBC Welterweight World Championship, is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O’Reilly Auto Parts, AT&T and Star Trek Into Darkness. The mega-event will take place Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. Also featured will be Daniel Ponce de Leon vs. Abner Mares, a 12-round fight for Ponce de Leon’s WBC Featherweight World Championship.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall