- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
6 bouts added to the Pascal vs. Bute Card on May 25th
Montreal, Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 – InterBox and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) are proud to announce all six undercard bouts that will support the historic fight between Lucian Bute (31-1-0 24 KO) and Jean Pascal (27-2-1 16 KO) on Saturday, May 25th 2013 at the Montreal Bell Centre. 4 title belts will be on the line for this Mega Card that has already convinced over 17,000 fans to purchase their tickets. Several new good tickets have been placed into circulation for the general public on Monday.
Froch vs Kessler II: IBF and WBA World titles Unification bout aired live at the Bell Centre
The evening’s festivities will get under way at 6:30 PM at the Bell Centre, with the live presentation of the much anticipated rematch between Carl Froch (30-2-0, 22 KO) and Mikkel Kessler (46-2-0, 35 KO) on big screen. The winner of this bout will unify the Super Middleweight titles (IBF & WBA). Both boxers squared off for the first time during the Super 6 Boxing Series in April 2010 in Denmark, with Kessler walking away from a hotly contested showdown with a unanimous decision victory on home soil (115-113, 116-112, and 117-111). Having promised Carl a rematch in his Home Country, Kessler signed on the dotted line to fight Froch at the 02 Arena in London. Froch is looking to avenge his loss and add the WBA belt to his long list on accomplishments.
Alvarez vs Green
Undefeated #5 rated WBA Light Heavyweight contender Eleider Alvarez (12-0-0 8 KO) will be looking to score a 4th consecutive knockout at the Bell Centre. His customer is a tough one and certainly no stranger to Quebec. Allan Green (32-4-0, 22 KO), a former Super 6 contestant, is 2-0 in Quebec rings, having beaten Quebeckers Sebastien Demers and Renan St-Juste. This bout is scheduled for 10 rounds.
Gauthier vs Roman
Sebastien Gauthier (22-4-0 14 KO) from St-Jerome, Quebec, has not had life easy his last few fights, having come out the losing end of physical and bloody wars with ex-World champions Steve Molitor and Rodrigo Guerrero. Gauthier will be looking to renew with the win column but will be facing another tough test in California boxer Manuel Roman (15-2-3, 6 KO) over 8 rounds.
Bizier vs Rios
Quebec native Kevin Bizier (20-0-0, 14 KO) is set to dispute his second fight in 2013. His opponent, the rugged and experienced Aldo Nazareno Rios (48-6-0, 11 KO) from Argentina, will be looking to capitalize on Bizier’s inactivity. Ranked IBF #3 and WBA #6, Bizier will have his hands full with Rios, who has only been KOed once in 54 fights! Rios’ two defeats by decision in World title fights prove he is a tough contender. This bout is scheduled for 8 rounds.
Zewski vs Samuels
Strong off another eye-popping victory last April 13th in New York, Mikael Zewski (19-0-0, 15 KO), from Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, will reacquaint himself with his Quebec fans on May 25th. His opponent, Derrick Samuels (18-4-1, 5 KO), will have a tough task in front of him. The last time the undefeated Zewski boxed at home, he annihilated his opponent in 37 seconds (Cesar Chavez on November 3rd 2012). Zewski will be looking to make another huge statement on May 25th. This bout is also scheduled for 8 rounds.
Bouchard vs Cotroni Jr: A local fight that promises emotion!
Sebastien Bouchard (6-0-0, 2 KO) from Quebec will face the biggest test of his young career on May 25th. Undefeated in 6 bouts, he will lace the gloves vs. Frank Cotroni Jr. (7-1-0 4 KO) in a bout scheduled for 6 rounds at 154 lbs. The blue chip prospect of the Club Empire Gym of Quebec City is looking at this fight as his spring board into bigger and more meaningful fights. Both boxers have been calling each other out for the last year, which is great news for fight fans!
New good tickets available!
Tickets for Pascal vs. Bute are on sale at the Bell Centre Ticket Office by dialing 1-877-668-8269 or by visiting www.evenko.ca. Tickets are also available at Club de boxe Champion by calling (514) 376-0980. Now that the Bell Centre configuration is complete, new good seats are available for the first time at the ticket office.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity