- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Aalan Martinez to face Charlie Serrano for vacant WBO Latino featherweight title
May 15, 2013 – On Friday, July 12th Mexican lightweight Aalan Martinez (14-2-1, 10 KOs) will get an opportunity to redeem his last loss in a significant manner when he steps into the ring with featherweight Charlie Serrano (15-3-1, 4 KOs) for the vacant WBO Latino featherweight title. The 10-round bout will be televised on Telemundo and take place on Serrano’s home turf at the A La Carte Event Pavilion, in Tampa, Florida.
Martinez was unable to capitalize against Orlando Cruz in his last outing, but this upcoming bout is a tremendous opportunity to make up some ground and a win could put him right back in the mix for potentially bigger, more lucrative offers. Martinez is anxious to get in the ring and he plans on taking full advantage of his quick turnaround.
“A fighter is given a predetermined number of opportunities in his career, I know that and I won’t take for granted what I have in front of me. No excuses about the past, but I don’t live in the past I just learn from it. I’m fortunate enough to have a team behind me and a promoter that believes in my skillset, I believe that my best days are still ahead of me,” Martinez said.
Boxing360′s Mario Yagobi wasted little time getting his fighter another significant fight and he vows to keep Martinez satisfied in his hunt for boxing’s elite.
“Aalan is in his physical prime, but he’s still young in boxing years and everyone’s learning curve is different. I know how talented Aalan is and I know how quickly he is learning in the ring and in camp. Once his experience catches up with his physical ability he is going to prove to be a dangerous fighter capable of competing at the highest level,” Yagobi said.
The card is promoted by Tuto Zabala’s All Star Boxing. For tickets call (407) 948-9066
Aalan Martinez is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Martinez please visit www.boxing360.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity