- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
Aalan Martinez to face Charlie Serrano for vacant WBO Latino featherweight title
May 15, 2013 – On Friday, July 12th Mexican lightweight Aalan Martinez (14-2-1, 10 KOs) will get an opportunity to redeem his last loss in a significant manner when he steps into the ring with featherweight Charlie Serrano (15-3-1, 4 KOs) for the vacant WBO Latino featherweight title. The 10-round bout will be televised on Telemundo and take place on Serrano’s home turf at the A La Carte Event Pavilion, in Tampa, Florida.
Martinez was unable to capitalize against Orlando Cruz in his last outing, but this upcoming bout is a tremendous opportunity to make up some ground and a win could put him right back in the mix for potentially bigger, more lucrative offers. Martinez is anxious to get in the ring and he plans on taking full advantage of his quick turnaround.
“A fighter is given a predetermined number of opportunities in his career, I know that and I won’t take for granted what I have in front of me. No excuses about the past, but I don’t live in the past I just learn from it. I’m fortunate enough to have a team behind me and a promoter that believes in my skillset, I believe that my best days are still ahead of me,” Martinez said.
Boxing360′s Mario Yagobi wasted little time getting his fighter another significant fight and he vows to keep Martinez satisfied in his hunt for boxing’s elite.
“Aalan is in his physical prime, but he’s still young in boxing years and everyone’s learning curve is different. I know how talented Aalan is and I know how quickly he is learning in the ring and in camp. Once his experience catches up with his physical ability he is going to prove to be a dangerous fighter capable of competing at the highest level,” Yagobi said.
The card is promoted by Tuto Zabala’s All Star Boxing. For tickets call (407) 948-9066
Aalan Martinez is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Martinez please visit www.boxing360.com.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes