- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
ABA CHAMP DEBUTS ON HUGE BOLTON SHOW
The domestic cruiserweight scene gets an exciting new addition to its ranks on Saturday July 20 when Jack Massey makes his pro debut at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium.
Derbyshire’s Massey, this year’s Senior ABA (86kgs) winner, gets his first paid outing on the huge VIP Promotions show and, with the 15-fight card being streamed live and free on VIPBOXING.TV, is hoping to put on an impressive show for the fans.
“I’m quite tall so I like to use my reach to my advantage,” said the 20-year-old. “People say I’m a strong boxer and I’ve stopped a few lads in my amateur career so I’ll be a good fighter for people to watch. I’m mainly a really good boxer but I like to mix it up and show off a bit.
“I’m really looking forward to it; I can’t wait. I’ve been training really hard with Bobby Rimmer for nine weeks now. I train alongside Brian Rose and Lyndon Newman and I’m learning tips and picking up different things from working alongside the pros all the time. I want to show it all on the 20th.”
Massey won’t have an easy time of it on his professional introduction though. The former England international is slated to face Jody Meikle – and the Scunthorpe joker is definitely no respecter of reputations. Jack, however, is raring to go, hoping for a winning start, and looking forward to moving onto bigger things.
“Apparently Jody’s quite elusive,” said Massey, “and he’s fought some good people in his time, so it should be a great bout. We’ll be working on his style this week in the gym, but I’m just going to keep my cool and try to cut the ring down and get to him that way.
“I don’t know every fighter in the cruiserweight division but the ones I have seen, and the ones that are up there [at the top]; I think I’ll have a good chance of beating them in a couple of years after I’ve got more experience. I think I can make it all the way to the British title eventually and I want to go as far as I can.”
“We’re known for developing talented, young fighters into champions at VIP Promotions,” stated promoter Steve Wood, “and I can see Jack being another one in the future. The cruiserweight division is wide open at the moment and our own Mike Stafford was very unlucky not to beat British champ Jon-Lewis Dickinson recently after injuring his elbow during the fight.
“Jack’s lucky to be making his debut on such a good card, and it’s great that fans can watch his debut live on VIPBOXING.TV. It’s a top show with exciting fighters like Mark Thompson, Tomi Tatham, Shayne Singleton and Luke Blackledge all appearing. There’s also a great derby fight between Chris Jenkinson and Lyndon Newman which’ll be fireworks. If you can’t get along then tune in on the Internet and enjoy the show.”
VIP Promotions present a quality evening of boxing at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium on July 20. The show will be headlined by Accrington’s Luke Blackledge vs. Huddersfield’s Alistair Warren for the Central Area super-middleweight title, and Bolton’s Chris Jenkinson vs. Denton’s Lyndon Newman for the British Masters Silver light-middleweight belt.
Also appearing will be Merseyside’s Wayne Adeniyi; Heywood’s Mark Thompson; Colne’s English light-welterweight champ Shayne Singleton; Bolton’s Paul Drago and Danny Watson; Lancaster’s Tomi Tatham; Middleton’s Alex Rutter; Wythenshawe’s Kofi Yates; Liverpool’s Stephen Lewis; and Darwen’s Stevie Taylor. Adam Ismail, Atif Mushtaq, and 2013 ABA winner Jack Massey will all make debuts.
Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £50 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or at vipbe.co.uk
Keep updated on VIP Promotions’ news by visiting vipboxing.com or follow on Twitter @vipboxing and Facebook. You can also watch this show free and live at VIPBOXING.TV
The public weigh-in for the show will take place on Friday 19th July, 3pm at: Unit 220, Entrance 2, Metroplex Broadway, Salford Quays, M50 2UW. All public are welcome to attend.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka