- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
- Peltz Signs Thomas LaManna
Acquinity Sports signs top amateur Albert Bell
Acquinity Sports has signed top United States amateur boxer Albert “Prince” Bell to to an exclusive promotional contracts, the second-year company announced yesterday. The 20-year-old Bell, fighting out of Toledo, Ohio, will be fighting in the featherweight division as a professional. He captured gold medals in the 132-pound class at the 2011 National PAL and 2012 National Golden Gloves tournaments.
The 6-foot boxer fell short of qualifying for a position on the 2008 U.S. Olympic Boxing Team, losing in the trials to the eventual lightweight U.S. Olympian, Jose Ramirez.
“We are very happy to be joining Team Acquinity Sports” Bell said. “I know I have to work hard, but we’re sure the best decision was to come to Florida and join Acquinity Sports.”
“This opportunity to work with Mr. Jonas and Mr. Rivalta is something that we appreciate, knowing that together, we will develop a great talent like Albert in his professional boxing,” added Venky Cantua, who manages Bell with his father, Francisco Cantua, Sr. “He had an impressive amateur career and we know that, in his professional debut, boxing fans will appreciate his talent.”
As an amateur, Bell defeated boxers who are now solid pro prospects, such as Toka Kahn-Clary (5-0, 4 KOs), Kendo Castaneda 3-0, 1 KOs) and Pedro Duran (1-0, 1 KO).
“Acquinity Sports is the home for the future of boxing,” Acquinity Sports CEO Gary Jonas remarked. “We not only have in mind our goals, but also to provide all of our fighters with all the resources necessary for them to achieve their goals, in a friendly atmosphere where they can exploit their skills. This is America’s future home of boxing.”
“Bell joins a talented group of talented group of young fighters, including Hylon Williams, Dominque Dolton and Claudio Marrera,” added Henry Rivalta, Acqunity Sports Vice President of Boxing Operations. “We’re developing these young warriors into sensational fighters. Gary and I are working tirelessly to build a stable of fighters who will be in major fights during the coming years.”
Bell is the latest addition to Acquinity Sports’ growing world-class stable fighters, led by IBF super featherweight champion Argenis “The Thunderstorm” Mendez and two-time, two-division world champion Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), and including world-rated contenders such as WBA #2 featherweight Claudio “The Matrix” Marrero (14-0, 11 KOs), WBC & WBA #3 Ed “The Lion” parades (32-3-1, 21 KOs), WBA light heavyweight Emberto “El Don” Savigne (11-1, 8 KOs), and WBA #6 bantamweight Juan Carlos Payano (1`2-0, 6 KOs).
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
ABOUT ACQUINITY SPORTS: Founded in 2011 by CEO Gary Jonas and Henry Rivalta, Vice President of Boxing Operations, Acquinity Sports is a full-service promotional company that is based in southern Florida.
Acquinity Sports is committed to changing traditional boxing promotion as an advocate of its fighters, supporting them to succeed in and out of the ring throughout their professional careers and into retirement. Fully dedicated to providing a structured environment, Acquinity Sports develops each individual fighter to maximize their potential, ensuring maximum exposure to audiences across a diverse range of channels, as well as encouraging team spirit and sense of family so crucial for success in the highly-competitive sport and business of boxing.
Acquinity Sports continues to sign incredible talent in various weight divisions to provide fans the highest level of year-round entertainment in professional boxing. Seasons may change but Acquinity Sports’ commitment remains to bring the heat.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Jennings vs. Perez, Geale vs. Macklin, May 24 in Corpus Christi and LIVE on HBO