- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Acquinity Sports signs two top prospects
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (April 11, 2013) – Fast-rising promotional company Acquinity Sports announced its recent signings of 2008 Cuban Olympian Robert Alphonso and top Egyptian prospect Ahmed Elbiali to exclusive promotional contracts.
“We’re excited to reach this agreement with these two top prospects, Alphonso and Elbiali,” commented Henry Rivalta, Acquinity Sports’ Vice President of Boxing Operations. “We have high hopes to put their professional careers in the right direction by putting our best collective efforts into their development. We will do what we always do for our fighters to attain their goals.”
Aalphonsolfonso (1-0) stands 6′ 4″ and weighs 250 pounds. He was an outstanding amateur boxer in his native Cuba, highlighted by his gold-medal performances at the prestigious 2007 Pan-American Games and 2008 AIBA World Cup, in addition to capturing a silver medal at the 2004 World Junior Championships.
Now living in Miami, the 26-year-old heavyweight prospect qualified for the 2008 Cuban Olympic Boxing Team by defeating U.S. Olympian Michael Hunter, Jr., 9-1, in the championship final of their Olympic qualifier.
“This agreement is very good for my career,” Alphonso said. “To have the support of a company that has great fighters in almost every division, as well as the prestige being a part of Acquinity Sports, makes me happy. I understand that, with my dedication and effort, my road to success will be easier.”
Elbiali (1-0), who also lives in Miami, is a 22-year-old el;biali
super middleweight prospect from Cairo, Egypt. He was a member of the now defunct Miami Gallos of the World Series of Boxing, a global league that offers pro-style competition to amateurs who may retain their Olympic eligibility.
“I’m very excited and happy,” Elbiali spoke his signing. “Developing my professional career with Acquinity Sports, led by Henry Rivalta, means that I’ll achieve my dreams very soon.”
Alphonso and Elbiali have joined a world-class stable of Acquinity Sports boxers, led by IBF super featherweight champion Argenis “The Thunderstorm” Mendez and two-time, two-division world champion Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), and including world-rated contenders such as WBA #2 featherweight Claudio “The Matrix” Marrero (14-0, 11 KOs), WBC & WBA #3 Ed “The Lion” parades (32-3-1, 21 KOs), WBA light heavyweight Emberto “El Don” Savigne (11-1, 8 KOs), and WBA #6 bantamweight Juan Carlos Payano (12-0, 6 KOs).
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”