Acquinity Sports signs two top prospects
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (April 11, 2013) – Fast-rising promotional company Acquinity Sports announced its recent signings of 2008 Cuban Olympian Robert Alphonso and top Egyptian prospect Ahmed Elbiali to exclusive promotional contracts.
“We’re excited to reach this agreement with these two top prospects, Alphonso and Elbiali,” commented Henry Rivalta, Acquinity Sports’ Vice President of Boxing Operations. “We have high hopes to put their professional careers in the right direction by putting our best collective efforts into their development. We will do what we always do for our fighters to attain their goals.”
Aalphonsolfonso (1-0) stands 6′ 4″ and weighs 250 pounds. He was an outstanding amateur boxer in his native Cuba, highlighted by his gold-medal performances at the prestigious 2007 Pan-American Games and 2008 AIBA World Cup, in addition to capturing a silver medal at the 2004 World Junior Championships.
Now living in Miami, the 26-year-old heavyweight prospect qualified for the 2008 Cuban Olympic Boxing Team by defeating U.S. Olympian Michael Hunter, Jr., 9-1, in the championship final of their Olympic qualifier.
“This agreement is very good for my career,” Alphonso said. “To have the support of a company that has great fighters in almost every division, as well as the prestige being a part of Acquinity Sports, makes me happy. I understand that, with my dedication and effort, my road to success will be easier.”
Elbiali (1-0), who also lives in Miami, is a 22-year-old el;biali
super middleweight prospect from Cairo, Egypt. He was a member of the now defunct Miami Gallos of the World Series of Boxing, a global league that offers pro-style competition to amateurs who may retain their Olympic eligibility.
“I’m very excited and happy,” Elbiali spoke his signing. “Developing my professional career with Acquinity Sports, led by Henry Rivalta, means that I’ll achieve my dreams very soon.”
Alphonso and Elbiali have joined a world-class stable of Acquinity Sports boxers, led by IBF super featherweight champion Argenis “The Thunderstorm” Mendez and two-time, two-division world champion Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), and including world-rated contenders such as WBA #2 featherweight Claudio “The Matrix” Marrero (14-0, 11 KOs), WBC & WBA #3 Ed “The Lion” parades (32-3-1, 21 KOs), WBA light heavyweight Emberto “El Don” Savigne (11-1, 8 KOs), and WBA #6 bantamweight Juan Carlos Payano (12-0, 6 KOs).
Go online to www.AquinitySports.com for additional information. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend is at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- Barker vs Sturm – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Malignaggi eyes Broner rematch as he takes on ‘explosive’ Judah in intense ‘derby
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious