- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Adam Etches wants Saunders-O’Sullivan winner
SHEFFIELD puncher Adam Etches says he’s hot on the heels of domestic middleweight rivals Billy Joe Saunders and John Ryder.
Saunders squares off with unbeaten Irishman Gary O’Sullivan next month before defending his British crown against Ryder at the Copper Box Arena in September.
And Etches, 22, feels he’ll be in a position to challenge the winner at some point around the end of the year.
“I don’t think I’m far from one of those two at all,” he said. “I’d take them if they were offered now, but I know it’s about getting into the right position first.
“I think once I’ve boxed on this dinner show (July 19) I’ll have two more fights and then be looking at the British title sometime around Christmas or maybe early 2014.
“I’m ready now and my manager, Richard Poxon, will tell you how much I pester him about it, but I know it’s his job to slow me down and get me the fights at the right time.
“At the moment everything is going fine and I’m pleased with my progress. That last belt I won has got me up in the IBF rankings and it’s just about making the fights that’ll get me a shot.”
The Yorkshireman, 12-0 (10 KOs), added: “My ultimate goal is to win a world title and to get to that stage I’ll have to beat the likes of Saunders and Ryder anyway. You can’t get that far without stepping up to the plate and proving yourself at British level first.”
Adam returns to action on Friday July 19 when he faces as yet to be confirmed opponent at the Double Tree by Hilton hotel in Sheffield. The show is being held in support of the Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity and Cavendish Cancer Care and is already a sold out.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall