- UniMás to Air Rigondeaux Title Defense at Venetian Macao, July 19 at 11 PM ET/PT
- Derek Ennis Steps in to Face Caleb Truax on Friday, July 25, At UIC Pavilion in Chicago
- Czar Returns to Sands 8/9 for NBCSN Fight Night
- Gavronski, Tureano Headline ESPN Friday Night Fights and Noche de Combates
- Matchroom Boxing Fight Pass launches in August
- Elton Dharry to headline against Antwan Robertson Friday, August 1
ADAM LITTLE isn’t letting a niggling injury distract him
ADAM LITTLE isn’t letting a niggling injury distract him from his goal of winning his first professional title before the end of the year.
The Ricky Hatton-trained welterweight prospect was due to box in Blackpool this evening (June 7) but decided to pull out so that he can spent some more time getting his hand right after surgery.
He could potentially be back in action before the end of the summer and hopes to move quickly on to championship fights before 2013 ends.
“I want to regroup, get everything right and then show people what I can really do with both hands,” Little, 22, said.
“Every fighter wants titles and I’m no different. I did well as an amateur and won numerous titles and I don’t see any reason why I can’t do that as a pro, starting with a small title this year.
“In my last four fights I’ve been boxing with a broken hand and I’ve had to have injections before getting in the ring. I’ve only been 60 per cent of my normal self because of it so people have not seen the best of me.”
Despite his layoff, Adam says he is keen to mix it with the best 10st 7lbs boxers in the country straight away.
“I just want to be in meaningful fights now,” he said. “I didn’t want to fight journeymen when I first turned pro and I don’t now. I accepted it was part of the game and you’ve got to learn. I’m not interested in that anymore.
“I want to fight people winning records who are coming to try and win. I’ll shine when I fight those kinds of boxers.
“I’m looking forward to being in the trenches with someone on my chest throwing non-stop punches because I know I can block those shots and come back with something better.”
He added: “Ricky knows the potential I’ve got and we’ll go through a plan and strategy for how I can take over the division.”
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Iron Mike Promotions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Brook: I’ll prove I am the real deal against Porter
- Canelo vs Lara Grand Arrival Photos, Videos
- Arum makes offer to Algieri to face Pacquiao next on 11/22 in Macao