- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
Adrien Broner and R&R Promotions giving complimentary tickets to all military
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (July 4, 2013) – In honor of Independence Day, three-time world champion boxer Adrien Broner and R&R Promotions are giving one complimentary ticket to Friday’s “Independence Explosion” fight card to each military member who presents a military I.D. Broner, one of the sport’s youngest superstars, will be appearing at the event as a special guest.
The 10-bout card which is taking place at the Crown Center (1960 Coliseum Dr., Fayetteville, NC 28306) at 7 p.m. is not only featuring some of the top young talent in the sport, but four former U.S. Olympians and two fighters who were members of our nation’s armed forces – U.S. Marines Jamel Herring and Jonathon Steele.
Our nation’s holiday is not the only inspiration for the giveaway. Since his first USO tour of Kuwait and Iraq in 2011, Broner has held a special admiration for the work our troops do in protecting our country. In part of an attempt to honor them, Broner and Andrew Williams, CEO of R&R Promotions, decided to offer this special giveaway for any member, current or past, of the U.S. military.
As home to Ft. Bragg, the city of Fayetteville is the perfect place for Broner to continue paying homage to the military.
The fight card named “Independence Explosion” features three-time Olympian Rau’shee Warren (5-0, 3 KOs, 13-0 including World Series of Boxing fights) in the main event, 2012 Olympians Dominic Breazeale (5-0, 5 KOs), Jamel Herring (4-0, 2 KOs), 2008 Olympian Raynell Williams (debut), Brandon Bennett (15-0, 7 KOs), and North Carolina’s own Lamar Russ (13-0, 7 KOs).
Complimentary tickets can be retrieved at the Crown Center box office. A valid military I.D. must presented at the time of redemption.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes