- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
AIBA supports the launch of thePeace and Sport Adapted Sport Manual
Lausanne, Switzerland, November 9, 2013 – The International Boxing Association (AIBA) is delighted to announce that the Peace and Sport Adapted Sport Manual has been launched.
Since April 2011 and the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the two organizations, AIBA has worked hand in hand with Peace and Sport’s in pursuit of their mission to promote sustainable peace by raising awareness and educating young people about peace using sporting values as the structural starting point .
The objectives of the MOU is to reinforce AIBA’s involvement in initiatives to promote peace and social cohesion, to promote boxing as a means of improving living conditions for entire populations and to encourage education, training and responsibility amongst vulnerable youth populations through the practice of boxing.
“AIBA is extremely pleased with this long-lasting collaboration with Peace and Sport, and the launch of this Adapted Sport Manual is just a further demonstration of our excellent partnership”, stated AIBA President, Dr Ching-Kuo Wu. “Many of our boxers come from humble backgrounds and often speak about how boxing encouraged them away from the streets or lives of crime. Boxing can therefore have an immense impact on fractious or impoverished communities. I am delighted that we can further expand our development work in such areas in cooperation with Peace and Sport and I am convinced that this Adapted Sport Manual will attract many kids to our beloved sport”.
About Peace and Sport
For more than seven years, Peace and Sport has been working with various local actors who use sport as a tool for education and peace in a wide range of settings. This experience has shown that many of them have difficulty implementing certain sports due to a lack of equipment and infrastructure but also because of the complexity of the rules of sport.
It is with this goal in mind that Peace and Sport decided to present boxing expertise for the first time in a manual, in such a way as to benefit the greatest number of people.
The goal of this Adapted Sport Manual is not just to promote the development of sport for all, but to encourage the use of sport as a tool that can be adapted to a wide range of environments. The manual has been created in such a way as to be used and understood by anyone wishing to lead young people through sport.
Presented through fun illustrations and text, the manual contains the following sections:
• Adapted sport information sheets, explaining how sports can be set up, tailored and used as an educational and social tool;
• A Resource index, which provides examples of sports equipment made from natural resources or recycled waste;
• Building adapted equipment information sheets, designed to help with the construction of sports equipment using the aforementioned resources.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things