- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Al Bernstein Being inducted into third Hall of Fame in 2013
Boxing broadcaster extraordinaire Al Bernstein will be inducted into his third Hall of Fame this year on Saturday night, November 9th during the 9TH annual Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame (CBHOF) Gala Induction Dinner in the Uncas Ballroom at Mohegan Sun.
The other CBHOF Class of 2013 inductees are former world title challengers Luigi “Kid Dynamite” Campurato and Israel “Pito” Cardona, promoter Joe DeGuardia, referee/amateur coach Johnny Callas and USA Boxing administrator Roland Roy.
The 2013 CBHOF award winners are Hartford’s “Machine Gun” Mike Oliver, Professional Boxer of the Year; East Hartford Mykquan “Mad Mike” Williams, Amateur Boxer of the Year; Lou Pontacoloni, state Amateur Official of the Year; timekeeper Bill Maxeiner, William Hutt state Professional Official of the Year; former Hartford Courant sportswriter George Smith, Contribution to Boxing.
Bernstein, a native of Chicago, was the face of ESPN boxing from 1980 to 2003. ESPN is headquartered in Bristol (CT) and Al currently serves as a color analyst for Showtime Championship Boxing. Earlier this year, Bernstein was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the inaugural class of the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame.
“I was delighted when Glenn (Feldman, CBHOF president) called to give me the good news,” Bernstein said from his Las Vegas home. “I really appreciate this for a variety of reasons. That time period (when he worked for ESPN) was really special for me because it established myself as a broadcaster and the voice of ESPN boxing. I identify closely with ESPN.
“Connecticut has had so many great shows, especially at the casinos there (Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods). This is very gratifying. Being inducted into the same Hall of Fame as the great Willie Pep, and so many others in the sport, adds to the delight of this for me.”
Tickets for the 9th annual CBHOF Gala Induction Dinner, reasonably priced at $90.00, are on sale now by calling Kim Baker at Mohegan Sun (1.860.862.7377) or Sherman Cain at the Manchester Journal Inquirer (1.800.237.3606 X321). Doors open at 5:30 p.m. ET, cocktails at 6 p.m. ET, followed by dinner.
Go online to www.ctboxinghof.org for additional information about the Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame, its 9th annual Gala Inductee Dinner, or past CBHOF inductees.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction