- Aiming for first title fight March 2015
- Lennox Clarke Spars Callum Smith
- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
Almaty 2013 meant to set new record
Lausanne, Switzerland, September 27, 2013 – As the registration deadline for the AIBA World Boxing Championships Almaty 2013 has now passed, the International Boxing Association (AIBA) is delighted to announce that it is expecting a new record of participants to be set in Kazakhstan.
Two years after the AIBA signature event was held in Baku, Azerbaijan, with a record of 570 boxers from 113 countries, a total of 576 boxers (excluding the reserves) have been registered by 116 countries (Indian boxers will compete under the AIBA flag) around the World.
“We are extremely pleased with these numbers which demonstrates the growth of our competitions and AIBA as a whole”, stated Dr Ching-Kuo Wu, AIBA President. “These 2013 AIBA World Boxing Championships will be historical for many reasons and I am very much looking forward to welcoming all of you in Almaty”.
The AIBA World Boxing Championships Almaty 2013 will be held at the Baluan Sholak Palace of Culture and Sports between 11 and 27 October. The competition will be organized under the new AIBA Technical Rules and AIBA Open Boxing (AOB) Competition Rules: no headguard and Ten-Point Must scoring system.
PROVISIONAL LIST OF PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES (116)
Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Central African Republic, DR of Congo, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritius, Nigeria, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, United States of America, Venezuela.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Palestine, DPR Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, AIBA.
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales.
American Samoa, Australia, Nauru, New Zealand.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down