- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Nathan Celverly: “I can outbox Sergey Kovalev, I’m going toe-to-with him and will knock him-out”
As the world awaits the name of the William and Kate’s son and heir to the throne, the WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly has suggested that the Royal baby be named after him!
Cleverly is delighted for the Royal couple’s new arrival and would be honoured if they chose outside of the historical names that have been passed down through the generations like George, William or Henry to instead pick Nathan for the future king.
The undefeated Welshman continues his own reign of the light-heavyweight division when he defends his title against the dynamite-punching Russian Sergey Kovalev on Saturday 17th August at Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
And betting giants and big show sponsor Betfred have installed Nathan at a cool 100/1 to be chosen as the name, with bookmaker’s favourite George at 2/1.
“Congratulations to Williams and Kate on the birth of their son and they will make fantastic parents,” said Cleverly, who’s taken the legendary Joe Calzaghe’s title as the new Prince of Wales.
“The question that everyone is now asking is what will they name him. It’s an important choice as it’s the future king and defines a new era and with that what better name than Nathan to give to the Royal baby! There have been eight Henrys, six Georges and four Williams, Nathan’s a little bit different to the classical names, yes, but they are young forward thinking couple so a name like Nathan would suite a modern day Prince,”
“Whatever they name him, it’s a fantastic summer for Britain at the moment with the Royal baby, Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, Chris Froome winning the Tour De France, the British Lions success and to top it off me defeating Kovalev in Cardiff on Saturday 17th August,”
Next to the name of the Royal baby, the hottest question is will Cleverly stand the punching power of KO machine Sergey Kovalev who is undefeated in 21 fights with 19 knockouts – 18 coming inside three rounds.
The Cefn Fforest star says he’ll take Kovalev to school and knock him out.
He added, “I can’t wait for this. It’s the big one for me, beat Kovalev and I become a huge star on both sides of the Atlantic,”
“I’ve picked the toughest fighter out there in Kovalev, the one that the other champions didn’t want to face, but I’ll be beat him with skill and heart. I can outbox him and people will be surprised when I’m going toe-to-toe with him and knock him-out,”
“At the moment I’m the prince of the 175lb division in my reign as WBO champion, but once I’ve seen off the other rulers in Bernard Hopkins (IBF), Adonis Stevenson (WBC) and Beibut Shumenov (WBA), I’ll be the monarch sitting on the throne of the division.”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader