- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
Andre Ward designated as WBC champion Emeritus
Andre Ward is one of the most dominant champions of today, as well as a true ambassador of the sport of boxing and an example to the youth of the world.
Very unfortunately, he has sustained injuries that have left him out of the ring for long periods of time. First, Andre sustained a broken hand after conquering the World Boxing Council (WBC) championship versus Carl Froch in December, 2011, which kept him out of the ring until September, 2012, when he defeated WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson.
Andre was set to fight Kelly Pavlik when he suffered yet another injury which required surgery and has kept him out of the ring for eight months, and it is yet uncertain as to when he will resume his boxing career.
The WBC Board of Governors is honored to announce that by a unanimous voting, Andre has been designated Champion Emeritus, joining a very limited number of champions who have received such recognition which grants them special privileges to be able to resolve their own personal matters while not losing their standing as WBC Champion of the World.
Once Andre is ready to return, the WBC will order an immediate bout between him and whoever is the reigning champion, with a purse split of 60-40 in favor of Andre.
Other Emeritus Champions who have successfully used their designation are Vitali Klitschko, Konstantin Tszyu, Erik Morales, Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada