- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- KNOCKOUT REALITY SHOW BRINGING BOXING BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
Andre Ward Greets Passionate Throng of Fans at Los Angeles Appearance
(OAKLAND, CALIF.) – Super Middleweight World Champion Andre Ward (Oakland, Calif.) recently hosted a meet and greet opportunity in conjunction with Everlast and Sports Chalet in the Los Angeles area, taking the opportunity to connect with his southern California fan base. The number ranked two pound-for-pound boxer in the world was touched by the lengths that his fans went to for the chance to meet him.
As he boarded his flight in Oakland, fans were already beginning to line up, more than four hours ahead of his scheduled appearance time. After arriving at the location, he saw the long line of people waiting to meet him, many of whom had traveled a great distance to get their own autograph and photo with the Olympic champion.
“I had a tremendous time with the fans in Los Angeles at my signing. The first thing I told myself when I got injured was that I wasn’t going to disappear and disconnect from my fans so that’s why I’m doing things like this,” Ward said. “The turnout far exceeded my expectation because we only had about a week to promote it. I signed autographs for two and half hours and met people who waited in line and drove for more than two hours to see me. I apologize to all the fans lined up outside that we had to turn away, but I plan on coming back to LA soon. I’m working with my sponsor, Everlast, to put on a couple more of these events before I head into training camp for my next fight.”
Ward hopes to bring his next event to northern California and have a chance to connect with his hometown fans.
“Andre Ward has been an ideal brand ambassador for Everlast for the better part of a decade,” said Matt Cowan, Everlast EVP of Sales, Marketing and Product Development. “He has always enjoyed meeting his fans and giving back to the community, so when he approached us about doing an autograph signing, we jumped at the opportunity to organize the event with our retail partner, Sport Chalet. The crowd for this event exceeded the attendance that we anticipated so we hope to organize another fan meet and greet featuring Andre in the near future, perhaps near Andre’s home in the Bay Area.”
Ward has fully recovered from his January shoulder surgery and has resumed training with Virgil Hunter in his Oakland-area gym. He is tentatively scheduled to be back in the ring in November with more details on his opponent and the fight venue to be announced shortly.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?