- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Anthony Ogogo quotes
LONDON (January 16, 2013) – Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer hosted a press conference today at The Mayfair Hotel in London, England to officially announce the signing of 2012 British Olympic Bronze Medalist Anthony Ogogo to an exclusive promotional agreement. Media packed the room where Schaefer, Ogogo and Ogogo’s manager/agent Dean Baker (Head of Boxing at Wasserman Media Group) spoke about Anthony turning professional and his immediate and long-term future in the sport.
Anthony Ogogo, 2012 British Olympic Bronze Medalist
“I’m thrilled about turning professional. I can’t wait to get started. I knew Richard Schaefer was the guy that was going to help make my dreams come true. When we first met, we got along so well and I knew he shared my ambition to succeed.
“I want to be a superstar. I want to become the best British middleweight fighter of all time. I want to be knighted one day. I want to be ‘Sir Anthony.’ I know I have massive aspirations of what I want to be in my life and when I told Richard Schaefer, he said ‘OK, let’s do it.’
“I have already overcome a lot in my career with my shoulder injury and rehabilitation 18 months ago. Then my mom became seriously ill and I left to go to her side. I was in so much pain before the Olympics, but I did what I had to do. I was determined to win in spite of it all.
“I believe in my talents and in the people sitting with me here today and I know I’ll become the best British middleweight of all time.
“By signing with Golden Boy Promotions, it opens so many doors. I will have opportunities to fight all over the world on big cards, on big networks and train with top athletes. I look forward to going to train with guys like Golden Boy’s Middleweight World Champion Peter Quillin and sparring in Los Angeles and all over the world, but I will keep my main headquarters in England.
“I don’t think all of this will seem real until I’m walking up the steps to the ring on fight night. I know I have what it takes to succeed as a professional fighter. I’m athletic, I have fast hands, good foot work and my strength of character is different than other people. I went through a lot personally during the Olympics, but I was able to move past my personal problems and still win the Bronze Medal for the United Kingdom. It is that unique ability inside me that I know will help me as a professional fighter.”
Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions:
“I feel like we have something very special with Anthony Ogogo. He is already a star in the United Kingdom and we are going to make him a crossover superstar in the United States too.
“He’s a very special talent, well-spoken, clean cut, charismatic and a great fighter. If you have the right talent and charisma like Anthony has, the sky is the limit.
“Our goal is to have him fight regularly in the United Kingdom and in the United States. We want him to fight four times in each country, eight times a year.
“We want to take him from his first fight to a world championship and make him the best in boxing. Our goal is to make him a world champion like we have with Adrien Broner and Abner Mares.”
“We are hoping he can make his professional debut at the end of April or beginning of May, but we’re not sure if it will be in the United Kingdom or United States.
Dean Baker, Ogogo’s Manager/Agent, Head of Wasserman Media Group:
“We want to thank Richard Schaefer, Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions for sharing our vision for Anthony and his future. We are all on board to make him a crossover superstar and are excited about his future.
“I’ve known Anthony for a long time and he is one of the most charismatic, charming and talented guys I’ve ever met.”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader