- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Antoine Douglas vs. Ibahiem King – June 14th
Nutley, NJ (June 5, 2013)—On Friday night, June 14th, a special night of boxing will take place as Greg Cohen Promotions and GH3 Promotions will present ESPN’s Friday Night Fight’s at the South Mountain Arena in West Orange, New Jersey.
One of the featured fights on the undercard will pit rising and undefeated Middleweight prospect Antoine “Action” Douglas taking on his most experienced rival in Ibahiem King in a bout scheduled for six rounds.
Douglas of Washington, D.C. has shot out to a perfect mark of 7-0 with five knockouts and this will already be his sixth fight of 2013.
Douglas has been stepping up the competition with each fight and has already appeared on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights two times in 2013.
“I am always ready to fight, no matter how experienced he is or what his record is. I have the same mindset”, said Douglas.
“I have been working and sparring with southpaws. I am faster and stronger”
Douglas is not worried that King has 19 professional fights.
“I am faster, I have more skills and with my amateur background, I look at myself as being the more experienced fighter”
King of West Palm Beach, Florida has a record of 11-8 with two knockouts and is by far the most experienced for the twenty year-old Douglas.
This will be the seventh undefeated fighter that King will have faced which includes top prospects Abraham Han, Edwin Rodriguez, J’Leon Love and Delen Parsley. King is coming off a 3rd round stoppage over Anthony McManaway on February 16th.
In the twelve round main event, it will be a twelve round Bantamweight battle of undefeated fighters as Jundy Maraon (15-0-1) of the Philippines takes on Juan Carlos Payano (13-0, 7 KO’s) of the Dominican Republic.
Doors open at 6:00 pm and the action starts at 7:30.
The Richard J. Codey Arena at South Mountain is located at 560 Northfield Avenue in West Orange, New Jersey.
For more information, call 973.731.3828.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015