- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
50,000 tickets sold for Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo-Trout
LOS ANGELES, March 21 – Boxing fans and sports enthusiasts have spoken to the tune of approximately 50,000 tickets purchased for the unprecedented three consecutive weekends of mega-events in April and May, all of which are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.
The three-week marathon of championship boxing excellence begins with the WBC and WBA Super Welterweight Unification bout between Canelo Alvarez and Austin Trout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday April 20 which is co-promoted with Canelo Promotions and Leija & Battah Promotions, followed by the Unified Super Lightweight World Championship between Danny Garcia and Zab Judah at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Saturday, April 27 and the grand finale, “MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero” on Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada which is co-promoted by Mayweather Promotions. The April 20 and April 27 SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING events will be televised live on SHOWTIME® and the May 4 “MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero” mega-event will be produced and distributed by SHOWTIME PPV®.
“The fans’ response to this amazing schedule of boxing events, which occur one right after the other, has been overwhelming,” said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. “Across the country from Brooklyn to San Antonio to Las Vegas, we have seen a rapid response from sports fans and boxing loyalists who have purchased tickets to support these terrific boxing events.”
Schaefer continued, “The public’s enthusiasm about this three week run, culminating with the return of Floyd Mayweather to the MGM Grand Garden Arena, reinforces our strong belief that if you provide and deliver competitive matches at the highest level, the public will respond enthusiastically and support this sport we love. In addition, fans across the country that cannot be there in person, can see all of these fights on SHOWTIME and SHOWTIME PPV (May 4). We are thrilled to partner with SHOWTIME to continue to provide excellent programming throughout the calendar year to those who love and appreciate the sweet science of boxing.”
Ticket sales for Canelo vs. Trout have been so overwhelming that promoters Golden Boy Promotions, Canelo Promotions and Leija & Battah Promotions will soon extend the available seating by putting additional tickets on sale. San Antonio can expect more than 30,000 fans in the building come fight night, proving once again that Texas is a hot spot for boxing aficionados.
Coming off of witnessing the record-breaking performance by IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Bernard Hopkins on March 9 at Barclays Center, Brooklyn boxing fans are gearing up for another stacked fight card taking place Saturday, April 27 headlined by Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny Garcia facing Brooklyn’s own Four-Time and Two-Division World Champion Zab Judah.
The three-week lead up ends on Cinco de Mayo weekend with a nearly sold out event featuring the ring return of boxing mega-star Floyd Mayweather against Six-Time and Four Division World Champion Robert Guerrero. The event, which takes place on Saturday, May 4 at MGM Grand and will be produced and distributed live on SHOWTIME PPV, will undoubtedly sell out, once again showing Mayweather’s incredible drawing power at the box office.
About Canelo vs. Trout:
Canelo vs. Trout, a 12-round WBC and WBA Super Welterweight World Championship Unification fight, is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, Canelo Promotions and Leija & Battah Promotions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T. The fight will air live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT) and is presented in association with Greg Cohen Promotions.
Remaining tickets priced at $100, $25 and $10, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, are available for purchase at the Alamodome box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling (800) 745-3000.
About Garcia vs. Judah:
Garcia vs. Judah, a 12-round bout for Garcia’s Unified Super Lightweight World Championship, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored Corona and AT&T. In the co-featured attraction WBO Middleweight World Champion Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin puts his title on the line against hard-hitting Fernando Guerrero in a 12-round fight. The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins live at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Remaining tickets priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, are available for purchase at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 800-745-3000.
About “May Day: Mayweather vs. Guerrero”:
“MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero,” a 12-round fight for Mayweather’s WBC Welterweight World Championship is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O’Reilly Auto Parts and AT&T. The mega-event will take place Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. Also featured will be Daniel Ponce de Leon vs. Abner Mares, a 12-round fight for Ponce de Leon’s WBC Featherweight World Championship.
Remaining tickets for priced at $1,500, $1,250, $800 and $600, not including applicable service charges, are on sale now with a total ticket limit of 10 per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets will also be available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”