- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
Arnfield And Khan Set For Huge Blackpool Show
Fight fans get the chance to watch a top boxing show live or free on the Internet (VIPBOXING.TV) next month when VIP Promotions come to Blackpool.
The show, at the Winter Gardens on November 15, is topped by local man Jack Arnfield looking to negotiate the challenge of dangerous veteran Max Maxwell. While a stacked undercard will feature the third career bout of Amir Khan’s brother, Haroon.
Arnfield, unbeaten in 16 fights, is angling for a British title shot and knows he can’t overlook Maxwell. The Birmingham man, a former British light-middleweight title challenger, has been in with some of the UK’s best fighters and has on his ledger a spectacular KO victory over former domestic ruler Brian Rose.
“I’m taking him 100 per cent seriously,” said Arnfield, on his fight with Maxwell. “When he knocked Brian out, it was a devastating knockout, so the punch power he’s got shows he’s very strong. He comes forward and doesn’t stop from start to finish so I’m not taking him lightly.
“As a pro he’s the best fighter I’ve been in with, experience-wise. He’s boxed some good names like Liam Smith, who’s now the British champion, and he gave him a good fight. He’s also been 12 rounds with Brian Rose too.
“From what I’ve seen of him as a spectator, I don’t think he’s got anything to trouble me. I’ve got a tight guard, a good jab and I’m strong at the weight. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve had a bad few years, in and out of the ring, but I’m in a good place and ready to take on bigger and better opponents.”
After gradually working his way up the British light-middleweight rankings, Arnfield now feels he has outgrown the division. Feeling more comfortable at 11st 6lbs, the Fylde Coast fighter has his sights on the country’s best middleweights and is urging them to tune in to VIPBOXING.TV on November 15th.
“I’m 6’3” and it’s been a big ask to get down to 11st. The likes of [British middleweight champ] Billy Joe Saunders, Matthew Macklin, and Martin Murray are all looking to move on, so it leaves the division wide open. John Ryder is the next biggest opponent, and there are other good names out there, but I fancy my chances against any of them.
“The Winter Gardens is the best venue in Britain. Haroon Khan is on the bill and I’m going to sell hundreds of tickets. There are lots of other decent fighters on too and I can see this show being a massive success. The last VIP show got over 15,000 people watching on the live stream, and hopefully we’ll pull in some big numbers for this one and show the other middleweights watching that they’ve got a threat coming.”
Promoter Steve Wood stated: “I’m really excited about this show. Jack is getting himself into pole position for a British title shot but Max Maxwell can never be discounted. He’s already derailed one of my Blackpool fighters in the past when he KO’d Brian Rose, so I’m hoping Jack will be fully focused on him. We’ve got some other really exciting boxers on the show, and I’m delighted to have Haroon Khan on because he’s an exciting kid who could one day follow in the footsteps of his brother. I’m currently also talking over promotional deals for undefeated British and Commonwealth champion Kevin Satchell and Prizefighter winner Terry Flannigan, and if nothing happens soon in the negotiations they may also be added to the show.”
VIP Promotions presents Jack Arnfield versus Max Maxwell at the Blackpool Winter Gardens on November 15. The quality undercard will feature Bolton’s Haroon Khan; Lancaster’s Tomi Tatham; Cumbria’s Rick Skelton; Morecambe’s Isaac Lowe; Bolton heavyweight Paul Drago; Accrington’s Adam Machaj; Holyhead’s Mark Evans; Liverpool’s Dean Swanson and James Metcalf; Southport’s Scott Moonan; Derbyshire’s Jack Massey; Preston’s Dean Halsall, and Bristol’s Michael Ramabeletsa. Debutant Ian Hallsop from St. Helens will also appear.
The show will be streamed live and free on VIPBOXING.TV
Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £60 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or at www.vipbe.co.uk
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things