- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Arreola-Mitchell & Trout-Lara possible for September
Golden Boy Promotions are reportedly looking to put together two big fights for September with heavyweight contenders Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola and Austin Trout vs. Erislandy Lara, according to RingTV.
Trout-Lara would be a great fight for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez card, but it’s difficult seeing this fight being put on the card now that a huge chunk of the undercard fight money is going to pay Lucas Matthysse and Danny Garcia.
With the money those two fighters are getting, it’s possible that Golden Boy might not have enough to add other talented fighters to the card unless they’re willing to take less just to have the opportunity to be seen by millions.
Mitchell-Arreola would seem to be a mismatch as long as Arreola doesn’t suffer an injury during the fight like Johnathon Banks did recently in losing to Mitchell by a 12 round unanimous decision last month. Mitchell was hurt by Banks a couple of times early in that fight, but then Banks stopped punching almost altogether and Mitchell was able to survive and win the fight.
If not for that, I think we would have seen Mitchell get stopped early again. I can’t see Mitchell lasting more than one round against Arreola. Like I said, it would be a mismatch because Mitchell is still too green and his chin much too fragile to beat a solid heavyweight like Arreola.
Additionally, former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz is a possibility for the Mayweather-Canelo undercard, as is a fight between IBF junior middleweight champion Ishe Smith vs. Carlos Molina. The Smith-Molina fight is a predictable one for the card because he’s part of Mayweather Promotions, so it’s a given that he would be a part of the September 14th fight card.
I’m not sure if this is a great addition to the card, but there are some hardcore boxing fans that would be interested in seeing Smith-Molina. It could end up being a grueling inside war with a lot of clinching from Molina. Hopefully the fight isn’t too close to the main event so that boxing fans are potentially put off.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction