- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
Artemio Reyes vs. Rodolfo Armenta Airs Thursday on Time Warner Cable Deportes 8:00 PM PST
ORANGE, Calif. (Dec. 18, 2013) – “Boxeo Estelar,” a weekly, one-hour boxing telecast developed in partnership by Time Warner Cable Deportes and Thompson Boxing Promotions, broadcasts its second episode in full high-definition on Thursday, Dec. 19 at 8:00 p.m. PST.
The second installment of “Boxeo Estelar” features top welterweight contender and knockout artist Artemio “King” Reyes (21-2, 17 KOs) of Colton, Calif. against Rodolfo Armenta (13-11, 10 KOs) of Arizona in an 8-round bout. The co-main event showcases San Diego native Christopher Martin (27-3-3, 9 KOs) versus the veteran Jose Angel Beranza (36-28-2, 28 KOs) of Mexico City, Mex. The super bantamweight bout runs 8-rounds.
Thompson Boxing will simulcast both matches on its website at thompsonboxing.com. Shows will be available, through the Thompson Boxing website, on a 24/7 basis after their initial broadcast time.
“Streaming the shows on our website and having them readily available for viewing at the discretion of boxing fans was an absolute necessity,” said Ken Thompson, president of Thompson Boxing Promotions. “Entertainment viewing habits, with the advent of digital video recorders and online streaming services, have changed the rules of television consumption. By streaming on our website, we have made it convenient for boxing fans to watch competitive fights at a time that fits their schedule.”
Calling the action ringside is veteran play-by-play announcer Carlos Avilas, while former world champion and likely Hall of Fame inductee Israel “El Magnifico” Vazquez handles color commentating duties. “Boxeo Estelar” is produced by Alex Camponovo of Thompson Boxing and directed by Tim Guerrero.
Time Warner Cable Deportes will exclusively air the popular “Path to Glory,” Locked ‘n Loaded” and “New Blood” boxing series that Thompson Boxing promoted this past year from various locations in Southern California. Thompson Boxing promotes its first boxing event of the upcoming year on Friday, Feb. 28 from the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario, Calif. In the meantime, boxing fans will have an opportunity to watch some of the year’s most exciting fights on Time Warner Cable Deportes.
The December broadcast schedule is as follows (all times Pacific). Please check your local cable or satellite provider for times in your area.
TIME WARNER CABLE DEPORTES
Thursday, Dec. 19 – 8:00 p.m. PST
Artemio Reyes vs. Rodolfo Armenta
(re-airs: Thu. Dec. 19, 11:00 p.m., Fri. Dec. 20, Noon, Sat. Dec. 21, 10:00 a.m., Sun. Dec. 22, 9:00 a.m., Tue. Dec. 24, 11:00 a.m.)
Additional Broadcast Dates (times & match ups to be announced shortly)
Thursday, Dec. 26
Friday, Jan. 3
Friday, Jan. 10
Friday, Jan. 17
Friday Jan. 24
Friday, Jan. 31
Friday, Feb. 7
Friday, Feb. 14
Friday, Feb. 21
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook