- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Arum will make it easier for Marquez to KO Pacquiao in September
By Rob Smith: If you had any doubts about who will be winning the fifth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez this September, you can erase those doubts and lean in the direction of Marquez to beat Manny again.
Besides the fact that Marquez has gotten the better of Pacquiao in all four of their previous fights, it’s going to be even easier this time around given that Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum is highly interested in staging the fight in Mexico City, Mexico in order to save some money on taxes for all of them.
I don’t know how much Arum will ultimately save by putting the fight in Mexico, but I think he’ll sorry for having done it after Marquez knocks Pacquiao out again. The reason why it’s going to be easier this time is because the crowd will likely be predominately Marquez fans with just a few Pacquiao fans.
Marquez will be fighting well in front of his own Mexican boxing fans and he’s going to be looking to stop Pacquiao. It’s going to be easier for Marquez because Pacquiao will be desperate to try and prove himself after having lost his last two fights.
That desperation is going to likely cause Pacquiao to fight in the same risky manner than he did last December when Marquez knocked him out in the 6th round. I have doubts that Pacquiao is going to be able to take any of Marquez’s big power shots without hitting the deck. I’m sure Pacquiao will keep getting up, but I think Marquez will ultimately hit him with a shot that he can’t get up from and he’ll be counted out.
Arum and Pacquiao will definitely save money by having the fight staged in Mexico, but I’m just not sure how happy they’ll be after the fight. Another loss for Pacquiao will be his 3rd straight defeat and if Arum insists on putting Pacquiao back in with Marquez for a 6th fight, after seeing how good the PPV numbers were from the 5th fight, it’s just going to make things even worse for Pacquiao if he gets knocked out again.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say