- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Ayr’s Martin McCord returns for second outing on October 11th
After a hotly contested fight, both Martin McCord and Mike Towel shared the spoils Martins debut and Mikes second fight In July this year. Having his second fight on October 11th, on the under card of Iain Butchers WBO European Title challenge at Ravenscraig Sports Facility, McCord is looking forward to returning to the ring.
Making the switch from the Amateur ranks to the Professional game, McCord enjoyed his first professional fight “It was a hard fight to have as your first fight. Mike (Towel) was a tough opponent for anyone’s first fight and really went town on me. I thought I boxed pretty well to be honest, and all credit to Towel as he gave as good as he got in the ring.
With his debut a distant memory, McCord has returned to training “I train twice everyday including the weekends. I get up at half five every morning and do a Six mile jog before work then training at night. My Training in the evening consist of pad work and some sparring. I also have taken to changed my diet so I get the most out of my training so come October 11th I will be in good shape and a division lighter at Light welter this time.
While fight night draws closer the 20 year old is preparing to use his boxing skills “I will try box more instead of getting into a scrap. These early fights in my career are learning fights so I will look to take as much as I can get from it, fair enough you need to go toe to toe now and again to break your opponent down but I will be looking to show people I am not just a brawler and I can box properly
He Adds “I Hope to get Six or Seven fights to educate myself into the pro game and see where the future takes me. I think I could do well but I am just taking it one fight at a time, starting with October 11th
Prospect Boxing presents an Evening of Championship Boxing at the Ravenscraig Sports Centre, Motherwell on Friday October 11th. The Main event sees Iain Butcher take on Hungarian Gabor Molnar for the vacant WBO European Flyweight Title.
The undercard sees the return of Chris Steel (Coltness) vs Mike Towel (Dundee) and also features Mark Parvin (Wishaw) vs Gerry Brady (Airdrie), Martin McCord, Rhys Pagan. Also in action is former commonwealth title challenger Mitch Prince. Tickets are priced at £30 and £40 and available from the fighters or by calling 01698 338 888.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity