- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Back To Business For Steven Pearce
By Jon Sidaway, UKO Boxing
Former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce, is ready to get ‘back to business’.
The 28-year old will be entering the ring for the first time since losing the Midlands Area strap to Sam Eggington back in April when he appears at the Copthorne Hotel Dudley-Merry Hill on Saturday, 14th September.
After taking stock and recharging his batteries Pearce is ready to go again and insists he is a better boxer for the experience of three tough title fights in the opening months of 2013.
“I’ve learnt a lot this year, I probably trained and took my body to the limit for three title fights in four months,” he told www.uko-boxing.com. “Everybody was telling me to slow down and take a four-round fight in between those matches but I wanted to carry on fighting ten-rounds and eventually the hard graft took its toll on my body.
“I’ve learnt my lesson, so hopefully I can come back with a win in my next fight and then prepare in a longer training camp for another title shot.”
Pearce faces veteran Birmingham scrapper, Andrew Patterson, and believes that the time away from the ring has re-focussed his mind.
“Having time away from action has allowed me to relax and enjoy myself, which is what I feel I needed,” he added. “I’ve continued training less intensely to stay in shape but nothing beats the feeling of getting in the ring on fight night. You can train and spar as much as you like, but I live to fight in front of a big crowd and a red hot atmosphere.
“I’m 100% ready to get back to business and start winning fights again.”
Pearce and fellow Coops’ Gym stablemate Kyle Spencer are both on EJKO Promotions’ dinner show. Spencer, an undefeated super middleweight, takes on Jay Morris over 4 x 3’s. Unbeaten prospect, Lance Brooks, also features alongside Tipton featherweight, Lee Glover, who looks set to take on experienced Nuneaton scrapper, Kristian Laight.
Tickets are priced at £55 to include a three-course meal and VIP Ringside tables (of ten) are available at £100 per person to include a three-course meal and complimentary bottles of wine.
British Lightweight Champion, Martin Gethin, and former British Welterweight Champion, Young Mutley, will both be present in VIP.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 07794 386 227.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction