- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Bash Boxing Results from Hollywood; Video tribute to Mr. Joe Rein
Florentine Gardens, Hollywood, CA:- Art of Boxing Promotions in association with Bash Boxing, Ural Boxing Promotions, Sheer Management and Pitbull Boxing once again thrilled the boxing fans in this area with another huge boxing event.
The sold out event at this famed Hollywood landmark along Hollywood Boulevard is the sixth event of this sort that was held by the group.
The results are as follows:
Thanasis Michaloudis (6-0-0, 5KO), a 228 lbs heavyweight from Greece who now makes Florida his home, battered and beat 239 lb Robert Dunton (9-10-1, 6KO) of Wilmington, Delaware. Dunton was down twice in the first round and the referee stopped the fight at 2:22 of the round.
Dimash Niyazov (4-0-1, 3KO) a 140 light welterweight from Kazahkstan who now lives in Staten Island, NY tried to impose his will on Joaquin Ritchie Chavez (6-10-3, 0KO) of Hollywood who yesterday came in at 137.5 lbs and was a decided underdog. But Chavez had none of that and fought back ferociously to salvage a draw. Scores were: 58-56 for Niyazov, 58-56 for Chavez and 57-57.
Erik Ruiz (5-1-0, 4KO) a 120 lb super bantamweight Oxnard did not miss a beat even with the absence of his main trainer Robert Garcia. Ruiz regained his winning ways after a loss at the Glendale Civic Auditorium last August. Ruiz overwhelmed Rigoberto Casillas (9-12-1,7KO) a 120 lbs. journeyman from Chihuahua, Mexico. Referee stopped the fight at 1:36 of round 1
John Quigley (10-0-0, 2KO) a cocky super featherweight (131.5 lbs) from Liverpool, UK kept his record clean with a win over Dominic Coca (8-5-0,2KO) a featherweight from Watts district in Los Angeles who went up in weight to meet Quigley. The Brit toyed with Coca and won via a unanimous decision. Scores were all 40-36.
Welterweight, Zach Wohlman, the “Yamaka Kid” of Los Angeles who makes a habit of bringing a huge Jewish crowd to his fights improved his record to 6-1-1-,1KO with a unanimous decision over a fireman/boxer Steve Conkin (4-7-1.0KO) of Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada Scores were all 40-36.
Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (6-0-0, 5KO) a cruiserweight from Ukraine who now makes LA his home won via a 2nd round TKO over the reluctant Rafael Valenzuela (8-2-0,1KO) of Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico. In the first round Valenzuela fell without being hit after being cornered and decided he did not want to continue and call it a night but referee Lou Moret did not buy is acting and asked him to stand up and fight. Finally in round 2 Shabranskyy delivered a tremendous punch putting him down this time for good at 1:58 of the round.
Charles Martin (12-0-0,10KO) a heavyweight from Carson, CA via St Louis, MO used his overwhelming size, height and reach to batter Joe Dawejko (8-3-2,3KO) of Philadelphia, PA. and scored a TKO after round 3. Martin came on the ring sporting fluorescent green Manny Pacquiao shoes. Dawejko was dropped once in round 3 but he survived the round. However, before round 4 started, his corner advised the referee that he had enough.
In the main event Konstantin Ponomarev (22-0-0, 11KO) of Miass, Russia was given a run for his money by a Mexican journeyman, Rogelio Castaneda (26-19-3, 8KO)of Tijuana. The Mexican was cut on the forehead by a head butt in round 1 while the Russian suffered a cut on the left eye in round 2.
At the end of round 3, the corner of Castaneda informed the referee that their fighter suffered an undisclosed injury and had to give up the fight giving Ponomarev a TKO victory in round 3.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say