- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Jargal vs. Howard on ESPN Friday Night Fights on February 15th in Uncasville, Connecticut
NEW YORK (February 11, 2013) Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing has compiled a sensational undercard for this week’s ESPN Friday Night Fights event at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut which is headlined by the return of East Coast fan favorite and world ranked contender Delvin Rodriguez in a ten round clash against undefeated Native American Indian, George “Comanche Boy” Tahdooahnippah of Lawton, Oklahoma.
“We’ve put together an action packed ten round co-main event between ‘The Mongolian Mongoose” Bayan Jargal and “Hurricane” Chris Howard which will provide an excellent lead-in to the Rodriguez/Tahdooahnippah headliner” said DeGuardia.
“Delvin has fought at the Mohegan Sun four previous times and Star Boxing also promoted two ESPN Friday Night Fights cards in the Arena last year headlined by undefeated world title contender Demetrius Andrade. It’s always a great night with the terrific Mohegan Sun fans and our co-main and undercard fights are a perfect compliment to the main event.”
A native of Ulan Bator, Mongolia, now fighting out of Alexandria, Virginia, Jargal, 17-3-3 (11KO’S), carries a well-deserved reputation as an aggressive, hard throwing fan favorite.
Fighting twice in 2012, Jargal is returning to action following a devastating first round knockout of former world champion Eric Aiken on NOVEMBER 12 in Washington, D.C.
In his prior start last year, Jargal battled to a decision win over Luis Rodriguez at the NYCB Theatre in Westbury, New York on OCTOBER 13.
A professional for five years, the 24-year-old Howard, 14-2-1 (6KO’s), has most recently faced very tough competition hitting the road in 2012 from his native Crossville, Tennessee.
Undefeated in his first fourteen professional bouts, Howard comes off a ten round split decision loss to undefeated hometown prospect Mark Salser on AUGUST 18 in West Salem, Ohio.
In a special attraction eight round welterweight bout, popular New England female fighter Adelita Irizarry will battle Quincy, Massachusetts native Aleksandra Lopes.
A favorite at the Mohegan Sun where she has fought six previous times, Irizarry, 8-6-0 (2KO’s), will be looking to bounce back in the win column after a losing a very close six round majority decision to Sarah Kuhn on JUNE 16 in Albany, NY.
Lopes, 8-1-0 (1KO), originally from Gilwice, Poland, has won eight in a row since losing her pro debut. Winning all three of her starts in 2012 Lopes capped off the campaign with a unanimous decision over Yvonne Reis on NOVEMBER 10 in Derry, New Hampshire for the New England Welterweight Title.
Junior middleweight newcomers will also see action this Friday night as New York City’s Enver Halili, 2-0-0 (1KO), clashes with Antonio Marrero, 0-0-0 (1NC) of Hartford, Connecticut in a four round tilt.
The 24-year-old Halili returns after impressing the Long Island, New York crowd by taking a four round decision over Raul Nuncio on JULY 28 at The Paramount in an action packed war.
In a four round junior lightweight bout, Yonkers, New York native Bryant Cruz, 1-0-0 (1KO) will face off against Bridgeton, New Jersey’s Pedro Andres, 0-2-0.
Rounding out the undercard, heavyweights will clash as heavy handed Constantin Bejenaru, 2-1-1 (2KO’s), formerly of Romania, now fighting out of Castkill, New York, battles Augusta, Georgia’s DJ Hughley, 1-7-0 (1KO) in a scheduled four rounder.
Tickets, priced at $75, $45 and $30 (plus a $5 facility fee), are available through Ticketmaster, www.Ticketmaster.comphone (800) 745-3000, the Mohegan Sun Box Office, the Star Boxing website, www.StarBoxing.com or by calling the Star Boxing Office at (718) 823-2000. Doors will open on the night of the event at 6:30pm with the first bell at 7:30pm. The televised bouts go live on ESPN2 at 9pm.
The Mohegan Sun is located at I Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382. For more information please visit their website at www.mohegansun.com
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior