- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Bizier vs. Campbell headlines this week’s ESPN FNF in Montreal
MONTREAL (February 6, 2013) – The stage is set for the third installment of Fast & Furious 3.0, co-presented by Mise-O-Jeu and Videotron, this Friday night (Feb. 8) at Bell Centre.
Unbeaten in 19 professional fights, hot Quebec prospect and WBA #5 rated welterweight Kevin Bizier (19-0-0, 13 KO) takes on wily former unified world champion and IBF # 9 ranked contender, Nate “The Galaxy Warrior” Campbell (36-9-1, 26 KO), for Bizier’s NABA title and the vacant IBF Inter-Continental belt. This main event battle, airing live in the United States and Canada, respectively, on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights and TVA Sports, could be the turning point in the popular French-Canadian boxer’s career.
In the co-feature, Montreal super featherweight Baha Laham (10-0-1, 4 KO), who was scheduled to fight next week, jumped at the opportunity offered to be showcased on American television, fighting 26-year-old lefty Tyler Asselstine (12-0-0, 7 KO), of Ottawa, in a fight that promises to be explosive and entertaining.
The spectators present at Bell Centre will also have the chance to witness the return of former WBA super welterweight champion Joachim “Ti Joa” Alcine (33-3-1, 19 KO), who is looking to reload his career with a victory over veteran David Toribio (19-14-0, 12 KO), of Miami. Alcine has enjoyed a lot of success in Montreal, the last time winning by majority decision over David Lemieux in December of 2011.
“I am very excited of the boxing event that we’re promoting this Friday at the Bell Centre, which will allow some young fighters to prove themselves,” GYM president Yvon Michel said. “Kevin Bizier can burst onto the world stage, while former world champion Joachim Alcine can revive his career. During the making of this event we faced some particularly difficult challenges but we never gave up and found solutions. Our key associates — especially Marc Ramsay, Adam Harris and Camille Estephan — all have my respect and admiration for the jobs they’ve done. I also wish to express my gratitude to Doug Loughrey Director of ESPN Programming, for his continued trust and support.”
Of the 14 boxers who are scheduled to compete in the seven planned fights, nine are unbeaten, which promises competitive fights from beginning to end. Of special interest to watch is ex-Canadian amateur champion, heavyweight Didier “Big Daddy” Bence (6-0-0, 2 KOs), as he meets 22-year-old Philadelphia boxer Joey “Polish Thunder” Dawejko (7-1-2, 3 KO). Bence had an excellent amateur career, highlighted by him winning the 2008 World Junior Championships in Mexico.
Also fighting on the undercard is the proud representative of the St-Hacinthe Boxing Club, Michael Gadbois (8-0-0, 3KO), who wants to impress in his GYM fight card debut against undefeated Polish opponent Krzysztof Rogowski (5-0-0, 2 KO). In the opening bouts, Marc Pagcaliwangan (2-0-0, 2KO) will try to keep his knockout streak alive versus tough Hungarian Laszlo Feteke (6-0-0, 5 KO); Steve Rolls (2-0-0, 1 KO), of Ontario, squares-off with Ahmad Selemani (0-7-0, 0 KO), of Quebec.
Tickets, starting at $30.00, are available to purchase at Bell Centre, online at www.evenko.ca, or by calling GYM at (514) 383.0666.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say