Board Back Frank Warren In Stephen Smith Dispute
The British Boxing Board of Control have today decided that British Super-Featherweight Champion Stephen Smith will not be allowed to defend his title on any promotion other than that of his promoter Frank Warren, which is scheduled for Saturday 7th December at the Liverpool Echo Arena.
Earlier this month, Smith announced that he would participate in the defence of his title against Gary Sykes on Saturday 23rd November in Manchester on a show promoted by Eddie Hearn.
However, Smith and Hearn chose to ignore the fact that the BBBofC has already formally sanctioned the fight to take place at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Saturday 7th December.
Robert Smith, the General Secretary of the BBBofC, today stated that until the Board has heard the dispute and made a decision Stephen Smith “will not be able to appoint another person to act on his behalf as manager nor will he be able to negotiate with others on his own behalf. It follows that, prior thereto, the Board will not allow him to participate in a contest arranged by a third party.”
Should any party wish to engage the services of Stephen Smith, they should contact Frank Warren.
- Malignaggi/Judah full undercard
- Barker vs Sturm – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious