- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Bobby Hitz announces 4/20 “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” lineup
Chicago, IL, Wednesday, April 10, 2013–Bobby Hitz announced today that Russian sensation Andrey Fedosov will fight Darnell “Ding-A-Ling Man” Wilson in an eight round heavyweight bout which will be the main event on Saturday, April 20 during “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” and that Dimar Ortuz will go up against Harley Kilfian in the six round cruiserweight co-feature. Tickets for the fight card, which returns to Hammond, Indiana’s The Venue at the Horseshoe Casino, are available at hitzboxing.com.
“We are pleased to have a destructive heavyweight like Andrey as part of the Hitz boxing team, I expect big things for him and a world title can’t be too far out of reach,” said Hitz, President and CEO of Hitz Boxing. “I am pleased with Dimar’s development as a fighter. Chicago fight fans should be proud of this hometown boxer.”
Tickets for “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” are priced at $90.00 for ringside seats and $40.00 for orchestra seats, they are available at hitzboxing.com, all Ticketmaster outlets and ticketmaster.com. All bouts are subject to change. Doors open 7:00 pm and the action starts at 7:30 pm.
Fedosov (23-2, 18 KOs) is the former WBC Youth Heavyweight Champion from Shuya, Russia and Wilson (24-16-3, 20KOs), his opponent, is from Takoma Park, Maryland. Ortuz (8-0, 5KO’s), is from Chicago while Kilfian (10-12, 8 KOs) is from Menominee, Wisconsin.
The rest of the card features the pro debuts of super flyweight Fidel Navarrete of Chicago, welterweight Roy Navarro of Chicago and heavyweight Nick Asberry of Waukegan, IL, all fighting in four round bouts.
Additionally there will be four round matches for super flyweight Johnny “Wite Boi” Determan (6-0, 5KOs) of Omaha, NE, lightweight Frank Scalise (5-1, 5KOs) of Chicago, light welterweight Russell Fiore (7-2, 6KOs) of Chicago, welterweight Nick Ramirez (1-0, 1KO) of Rockford, IL, and heavyweight Rahim Muhammad (3-0, 2KOs) of Detroit. Light welterweight Antonio “The Aztec God of War” Canas (6-1, 3KOs) has a six round bout.
Since its debut in 1991, Hitz Boxing has been the Midwest’s leading boxing promoter. Led by Bobby Hitz, who boasted a 21-4 record with 18 KO’s as a boxer, Hitz Boxing is the longest running boxing promoter in the Chicago area dating back to the bi-monthly boxing series the “Ramada Rumble,” held at the former Rosemont Ramada Inn. The organization currently promotes the wildly popular “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, IN and is the subject of “Hitz Boxing,” a reality show airing on YouTube which has amassed over 4 million views. Over the years the organization has produced matches that have included some of the top names in boxing such as James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Montell Griffin, Iran Barkley, Andrew Golota and “Fast Fres Oquendo.
The $500 million Horseshoe Casino, a Caesars Entertainment Corporation property, just 20 minutes from downtown Chicago is the premier entertainment and gambling destination in Chicagoland. Where legendary gaming lives on, Horseshoe boasts more than 350,000 square feet with over 3,000 slot machines, over 100 table games, one of the largest poker rooms in the Midwest, and more. The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is proud to offer the ultimate concert and entertainment destination and premier experience in a flexible space that can hold up to 3,300 guests. Dining elegance is not overlooked and guests can choose from a variety of dining options including; Jack Binion’s Steak House which overlooks Lake Michigan and winner of the 2009, 2010, 2011 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the May 2012 OpenTable Diners’ Choice award, around-the-globe variety at the Village Square Buffet, and a taste of Chicago at Benny’s Pub and Eatery.
For more information, please visit: www.chicagohorseshoe.com.
Must be 21 years or older to gamble or attend events at The Venue. Know When To Stop Before You Start® Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-9WITH-IT © 2012 Caesars License Company, LLC.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior