- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
- Martin Lindsay in action on March 25th
- London MBC Sanctioned Event A Huge Success – Further UK Events Planned
- Rudd, Cindy Luna, Raquel Pennington, Sarah Kaufman on LAST CALL
Bobby Hitz to offer online Pay Per View for Fres Oquendo v Derric Rossy title bout
Chicago, IL, Tuesday June 4, 2013–Bobby Hitz announced that Saturday night’s “Fight Night at the Horseshoe”, featuring WBA Fedelatin Heavyweight Champion “Fast” Fres Oqendo defending his title, as well as vying for the vacant NABA Heavyweight belt, against Derric Rossy, will be offered live on the Internet via Ustream. The webcast will be hosted by middleweight contender Donovan “Da Bomb” George and Craig Miller of 670 The Score, CBS Radio in Chicago. Dynamic super middleweight Mike “Hollywood” Jimenez and equally exciting lightweight Frankie “Time Bomb” Scalise are the co-features for the card which will be held on June 8, at 7:30 PM at the The Venue inside of Hammond, Indiana’s Horseshoe Casino. Tickets start at $40.00 and are available at ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets or The Venue box office. The Ustream webcast, which can be purchased for $9.99 via PayPal, can be found at HitzBoxing.com.
“The excitement for the title bout and the rest of the card is amazing. The pay per view webcast allows us to reach fans who can’t make it, especially for our fighters who are from out of town,” said Hitz. “I look forward to working with Donovan and Craig.”
The match ups are as follows (all fights are subject to change)
Super Flyweight: Johnny “Wite Boi” Determan (6-0, 5 KOs) of Omaha, NE vs. Ryan Raglin (1-5, 1 KO) of Indianapolis, IN. Six rounds.
Super Featherweight: Fidel Navarrete (0-0-1) of Highland, IN vs. Adam Alvarez (0-3) of Lansing, MI. Four rounds.
Lightweight: Russell “Rocky” Fiore of Chicago (8-2, 6 KOs) vs. Reggie “Two Gun” Nash of Grand Rapids, MI, a veteran of 42 fights). Four rounds.
Lightweight: Frank “Time Bomb” Scalise 6-1, 6 KO’s) of Chicago vs Reymundo “The Prosecutor” Hernandez of Atchison, KS, a veteran of 19 professional fights. Four rounds.
Light Middleweight: Chad McKinney (1-1) of Chicago vs Ricky Smith (0-1) of Green Bay, WI. Four rounds.
Super Middleweight: Mike “Hollywood” Jimenez (10-0, 7 KOs) of Chicago vs Mike “Bobo” Starnino, from Providence, RI, a veteran of 20 professional fights. Six rounds
Light Welterweight: Genaro Mendez of Chicago (5-1-1, 3 KOs) vs Antoine Elerson of Milwaukee, WI (1-5, 1 KO). Four rounds.
Welterweight: Roy Navarro (1-0) of Chicago vs Clifford “The Magician” McPherson of Cleveland, OH, a veteran of 15 professional fights. Four rounds.
Light Heavyweight: Simon “The Punisher” Buettner (3-0) of Carpentersville, IL vs Cameron Allen of Battle Creek, MI, a veteran of 16 fights. Four rounds.
Heavyweight Title Bout: WBA Fedelatin Heavyweight “Fast” Fres Oquendo (35-7, 23 KOs) of Chicago vs Derric Rossy (28-6, 14 KOs) of Medford, NY, 10 rounds. Both the WBA Fedelatin Heavyweight title, currently held by Oquendo and the NABA Heavyweight title, which is currently vacant, will be awarded
Heavyweight: Nick Asberry (1-0, 1 KO) of Waukegan, IL vs Tim “Fat Boy” Dunn (0-1) of Manitowoc, WI. Four rounds.
Since its debut in 1991, Hitz Boxing has been the Midwest’s leading boxing promoter. Led by Bobby Hitz, who boasted a 21-4 record with 18 KO’s as a boxer, Hitz Boxing is the longest running boxing promoter in the Chicago area dating back to the bi-monthly boxing series the “Ramada Rumble,” held at the former Rosemont Ramada Inn. The organization currently promotes the wildly popular “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, IN and is the subject of “Hitz Boxing,” a reality show airing on YouTube which has amassed over 3 million views. Over the years the organization has produced matches that have included some of the top names in boxing such as James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Montell Griffin, Iran Barkley, Andrew Golota and “Fast” Fres Oquendo.
The $500 million Horseshoe Casino, a Caesars Entertainment Corporation property, just 20 minutes from downtown Chicago is the premier entertainment and gambling destination in Chicagoland. Where legendary gaming lives on, Horseshoe boasts more than 350,000 square feet with over 3,000 slot machines, over 100 table games, one of the largest poker rooms in the Midwest, and more. The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is proud to offer the ultimate concert and entertainment destination and premier experience in a flexible space that can hold up to 3,300 guests. Dining elegance is not overlooked and guests can choose from a variety of dining options including; Jack Binion’s Steak House which overlooks Lake Michigan and winner of the 2009, 2010, 2011 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the May 2012 OpenTable Diners’ Choice award, around-the-globe variety at the Village Square Buffet, and a taste of Chicago at Benny’s Pub and Eatery.
For more information, please visit: www.chicagohorseshoe.com.
Must be 21 years or older to gamble or attend events at The Venue. Know When To Stop Before You Start® Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-9WITH-IT © 2012 Caesars License Company, LLC.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?