- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Bobby Hitz’s June “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” to feature Fres Oquendo
Today Bobby Hitz announced that the next installment of “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” will feature four of Chicago’s most exciting boxers as WBA Latin American Heavyweight Champion “Fast” Fres Oqendo (35-7, 23 KOs), super middleweight Mike “Hollywood” Jimenez (10-0, 7 KOs), cruiserweight Dimar “Strongman” Ortuz (9-0, 6 KOs), lightweight Frankie “Time Bomb” Scalise (6-1, 6 KO’s) take to the ring at The Venue inside of Hammond, Indiana’s Horseshoe Casino on Saturday, June 8. Doors open at 7:00 PM and the actions begins at 7:30 PM. Tickets start at $40.00 and are available at ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets or The Venue box office.
“With Povetkin and the Klitschko brothers deciding to take other fights we wanted to get Fres in the ring and keep him busy until he gets his shot,” said Hitz. “He deserves a title bout but until that time comes we will continue working him against other fighters.”
Jimenez and Ortuz remain unbeaten, while Scalise is staging an impressive comeback. All are fan favorites.
“Chicago boxing fans are witnessing amazing undefeated streaks by Hollywood and Dimar. These two local fighters are quickly distinguishing themselves as ones to watch,” said Hitz. “Frankie’s electrifying comeback has been really special for all who are witnessing it. On June 8th all four of these local fighters will put on a great show.”
Hitz will announce the rest of the card on Monday, May 13.
Since its debut in 1991, Hitz Boxing has been the Midwest’s leading boxing promoter. Led by Bobby Hitz, who boasted a 21-4 record with 18 KO’s as a boxer, Hitz Boxing is the longest running boxing promoter in the Chicago area dating back to the bi-monthly boxing series the “Ramada Rumble,” held at the former Rosemont Ramada Inn. The organization currently promotes the wildly popular “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, IN and is the subject of “Hitz Boxing,” a reality show airing on YouTube which has amassed over 3 million views. Over the years the organization has produced matches that have included some of the top names in boxing such as James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Montell Griffin, Iran Barkley, Andrew Golota and “Fast” Fres Oquendo. For more information visit hitzboxing.com
The $500 million Horseshoe Casino, a Caesars Entertainment Corporation property, just 20 minutes from downtown Chicago is the premier entertainment and gambling destination in Chicagoland. Where legendary gaming lives on, Horseshoe boasts more than 350,000 square feet with over 3,000 slot machines, over 100 table games, one of the largest poker rooms in the Midwest, and more. The Venue at Horseshoe Casino is proud to offer the ultimate concert and entertainment destination and premier experience in a flexible space that can hold up to 3,300 guests. Dining elegance is not overlooked and guests can choose from a variety of dining options including; Jack Binion’s Steak House which overlooks Lake Michigan and winner of the 2009, 2010, 2011 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the May 2012 OpenTable Diners’ Choice award, around-the-globe variety at the Village Square Buffet, and a taste of Chicago at Benny’s Pub and Eatery.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes